Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Mid-, High-Stakes Pot- and No-Limit Hold'em
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 12-08-2005, 07:40 PM

Default 5/10 NL 6 handed QQ......

I just played this hand on Full Tilt 5/10...what do you think?

6 handed. Stacks all around 1k. Tight table
I hold QQ on the cutoff. Action folds to me. I raise to 25 and get called by the SB. The BB makes it 100 to go. I cant really put him on anything that I am beating at this point. So I have a choice based on my read weather to call for a set or fold. I decide if he has AA or KK he will put it all in so I call.

FLOP: 4[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]a [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]q [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]

He bets 150. By the size of the bet I would say he is just making a continuation bet. I figure if he is on KK or AK or AQ(unlikely) I can still get him to bluff on a later street. So instead of shutting him out i decide to call.

TURN: 7 [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]

He checks. After some thought I come to this: Its likely that he has a big pair. He cant possibly call any bet that I make. Unless he has AA. So I determine the best play here is to check and let him possibly bluff on the river, if he doesnt i can just value bet. So I check behind.

RIVER: 3 [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]

He bets 350. I have about 850 behind me. He has about 500 after the bet. I think its pretty obvious that if he is on KK or AK he folds to a raise. I determine the only hand that can call my raise is AA. So I decide calling is the best option. I would love to hear everyones thoughts on this hand. THANKS GUYS!
Old 12-08-2005, 07:41 PM

Default Re: 5/10 NL 6 handed QQ......

this is a joke right?
Old 12-08-2005, 07:45 PM

If you have a good read on the villian, I play it the same way as you did. AQ is doubtful based on the preflop action, and KK folds to a push. If you think he most likely folds AK here, there's nothing to be gained with a push.
Old 12-08-2005, 07:53 PM

If your read is right on his hand range, then you played this pretty well. If you raise flop you negate any money you might make off him possibly bluffing on later streets. Nice hand.
Old 12-08-2005, 08:08 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I just played this hand on Full Tilt 5/10...what do you think?

6 handed. Stacks all around 1k. Tight table
I hold QQ on the cutoff. Action folds to me. I raise to 25 and get called by the SB. The BB makes it 100 to go. I cant really put him on anything that I am beating at this point. So I have a choice based on my read weather to call for a set or fold. I decide if he has AA or KK he will put it all in so I call.

FLOP: 4[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]a [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]q [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]

He bets 150. By the size of the bet I would say he is just making a continuation bet. I figure if he is on KK or AK or AQ(unlikely) I can still get him to bluff on a later street. So instead of shutting him out i decide to call.

TURN: 7 [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]

He checks. After some thought I come to this: Its likely that he has a big pair. He cant possibly call any bet that I make. Unless he has AA. So I determine the best play here is to check and let him possibly bluff on the river, if he doesnt i can just value bet. So I check behind.

RIVER: 3 [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]

He bets 350. I have about 850 behind me. He has about 500 after the bet. I think its pretty obvious that if he is on KK or AK he folds to a raise. I determine the only hand that can call my raise is AA. So I decide calling is the best option. I would love to hear everyones thoughts on this hand. THANKS GUYS!

[/ QUOTE ]

So somebody reraises your late position weak-ass raise and you call. He bets, you call. He checks, you check. He bets and you're trying to tell me that you've represented so much strength here that he won't think you're bluffing? YOU'VE TAKEN NO INITIATIVE UNTIL THE RIVER. This is so easy to represent as a bluff-you're just playing back at him because he bet the river after you checked behind, so you're putting a move on his move.
You're really trying to tell me that a reraise of a late position small raise can ONLY be AA KK or AK? It can't be AQ? 44? 77 making a cont bet that hits the turn? Furthermore you're trying to tell me that if you raise here, given the lack of action, that he's going to fold AK here getting 2.2:1?
I guess what I'm getting at is that I disagree with your play.

you figure that he can only have AA KK or AK and that based on your call of the reraise he's gotta know that if you bet here AK is no good?
Old 12-08-2005, 08:38 PM

[ QUOTE ]
this is a joke right?

[/ QUOTE ]

Is it funny or something? I am trying to get input. Tell me what is wrong with the hand if you see something
Old 12-08-2005, 09:05 PM

I meant to say this depends on how accurate you think your read is. If you can put him exclusively on those hands, then of course you made the right play.

But any good player might reraise out of the BB to either steal the pot or isolate and steal with a continuation bet. Push that river, there's only one combination of AA, and the rest of the hands in a normal expanded hand range you beat. And you might get him to call with AK/AQ/smaller set, obviously.

But this is very read dependent... The more I look at your post the less likely I think he can be put on AA... I don't know how you could feasibly narrow him to those hands by only raising to 25 preflop... Make a bigger raise and the hand becomes much easier to play.
Old 12-08-2005, 10:07 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
this is a joke right?

[/ QUOTE ]

Is it funny or something? I am trying to get input. Tell me what is wrong with the hand if you see something

[/ QUOTE ]

What hes trying to say is that youre assuming that he would only reraise you with AA / KK / AK.

You raise was to $25. I would reraise you with just about any hand I wanted to play. Actually, I would reraise you with alot of hands that I would normally fold.

He doesnt have to have a big pair here and he knows that you dont have to have a big pair so you will get more action than you think.
Old 12-08-2005, 10:13 PM

Congrats with either A)Leaving $500 on the table or B) Show him what a weak-tight wuss you are. Raise the river, how can you not put in one raise with a set....your only losing to AA and I don't believe he has it by the way the hand was played.
Old 12-08-2005, 10:38 PM

I would definitely bet this turn.