Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Mid- and High-Stakes Hold'em
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 03-23-2005, 08:51 AM

Default PP 15/30 KK hand

What do you think of my turn play here? Obviously the pot is of a decent size, and there are a number of ways my opponent could improve. However, the 9s paired the top card on board, and I felt like if I bet the turn and was raised again I couldn't let it go. I also felt like my opponent would bet pretty much any hand on the turn here, obviously if he has a 9, but if he has some other pair he'll likely bet thinking he is ahead. Also I thought a draw would be too tempted to bet the obvious scarecard for me.

So my thinking was, if I'm ahead by check/calling the same number of bets is going in on the turn as by me betting.

The river felt like I missed some value, but considering the way I played the turn how could I lead?

Party Poker 15/30 Hold'em (10 handed) converter

Preflop: Hero is SB with K[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img], K[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img].
<font color="#666666">4 folds</font>, MP2 calls, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, CO calls, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises</font>, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, MP2 calls, CO calls.

Flop: (7 SB) 9[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img], 4[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img], 7[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, MP2 folds, <font color="#CC3333">CO raises</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero 3-bets</font>, CO calls.

Turn: (6.50 BB) 9[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
Hero checks, <font color="#CC3333">CO bets</font>, Hero calls.

River: (8.50 BB) 6[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
Hero checks, CO checks.

Final Pot: 8.50 BB

Results in white below: <font color="#FFFFFF">
Hero has Kd Kc (two pair, kings and nines).
CO has 7h Qd (two pair, nines and sevens).
Outcome: Hero wins 8.50 BB. </font>
Old 03-23-2005, 09:46 AM

Default Re: PP 15/30 KK hand

I think you should lead the turn and call a raise, and either check-call or bet the river if no ace, no spade comes.

What hand do you put CO on, A9?
Old 03-23-2005, 10:04 AM

Buddy list CO.
Old 03-23-2005, 12:08 PM

[ QUOTE ]

What hand do you put CO on, A9?

[/ QUOTE ]

I put him on a 9, a 7 a flush draw or a small/medium pocket pair
Old 03-23-2005, 12:09 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Buddy list CO.

[/ QUOTE ]

I don't think he's that fishy on the basis of just this hand. I prefer to keep the buddy list to the most extreme LAGs and Stations.
Old 03-23-2005, 12:24 PM

[ QUOTE ]
However, the 9s paired the top card on board, and I felt like if I bet the turn and was raised again I couldn't let it go. I also felt like my opponent would bet pretty much any hand on the turn here, obviously if he has a 9, but if he has some other pair he'll likely bet thinking he is ahead

[/ QUOTE ]

You yourself just made the agument to bet the turn and call if raised, and call again on the river. He can have anything, and your hand is most likely good. Sounds like a perfect time to get raised to me and induce a bluff.

[ QUOTE ]
The river felt like I missed some value, but considering the way I played the turn how could I lead?

[/ QUOTE ]

Easy ... click and bet. Works for me. I am calling a check raise here too.
Old 03-23-2005, 02:06 PM

[ QUOTE ]

Sounds like a perfect time to get raised to me and induce a bluff.

[/ QUOTE ]

Sorry, this doesn't make sense to me, surely the check induces a bluff, by betting I would be stopping a bluff, which would make calling down a bit worse.

I suppose part of the reason why I decided on checking, was that I was value betting a lot in this session, getting raised and paying off.
Old 03-23-2005, 04:29 PM

this is a terrible check-call. just because top card on board paired doesnt mean youre behind. risking a free card here is really bad poker.

bet the river for value.