Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > 2+2 Communities > Other Other Topics
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 09-11-2005, 10:47 PM

Default Anyone See Chapelle\'s New Act?

His latest tour has been on the hush but he's in Pittsburgh next week. The Improv isn't even advertising it, they just told people who came this past weekend that he'd be here next weekend.

Tickets just went onsale online. They weren't supposed to go onsale until tomorrow morning but they are now so my roomie and I copped 2 tickets for Saturday night.
Old 09-11-2005, 10:54 PM

Default Re: Anyone See Chapelle\'s New Act?

I'm going to see him in Lexington next month.
Old 09-11-2005, 10:57 PM

I thought he was in africa trying to figure out life.

wtf? he came back and still no season 3? Im bummed [img]/images/graemlins/frown.gif[/img]
Old 09-11-2005, 10:58 PM

Anyone know where I could find a list of where he might be stopping, or is it all very hush-hush?

I'd love to catch him in DC, where I'm sure he'll stop if he's going on tour.
Old 09-11-2005, 11:05 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I thought he was in africa trying to figure out life.

[/ QUOTE ]

I'm sure it doesn't take long to get a new perspective on life when visiting africa.
Old 09-12-2005, 08:59 AM

[ QUOTE ]
His latest tour has been on the hush but he's in Pittsburgh next week. The Improv isn't even advertising it, they just told people who came this past weekend that he'd be here next weekend.

Tickets just went onsale online. They weren't supposed to go onsale until tomorrow morning but they are now so my roomie and I copped 2 tickets for Saturday night.

[/ QUOTE ]

I would REALLY like to go see this, but, would I be out of place? I'm very white, i'm 100% pure honk. Perhaps that would make it more fun.
Old 09-12-2005, 09:15 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I would REALLY like to go see this, but, would I be out of place? I'm very white, i'm 100% pure honk. Perhaps that would make it more fun.

[/ QUOTE ]

i think this will be 75% of the audience.
Old 09-12-2005, 12:56 PM

Location: download an irc client at www.hydrairc.com (freeware not spyware), connect to irc.efnet.net, and join the channel #twoplustwo to chat live with other 2+2 posters

i've seen him live before, it was seriously like 90% white and st louis has tons of black people
Old 09-12-2005, 01:08 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]
Yeah, you should stay away, black people laugh very differently and don't like laughing with white people.
Old 09-12-2005, 01:18 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]
Yeah, you should stay away, black people laugh very differently and don't like laughing with white people.

[/ QUOTE ]

yeah, you're the one that turns every comment that brings up an ehtical difference into a prejudice remark, aren't you?

If you can't see that me asking if a cracker such as myself will fit in at a certain event isn't prejudice, then you have problems.

It's not like me askign if I should feel uncomfortable at a harlem globetrotters show or something. WIthout fail, Chappelle uses racial commentary that I would not be comfortable using, and I don't know if it would be approriate for me to find this stuff funny, or if ti would be assumed that I cannot relate to such humor.