Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Other Poker > Other Poker Games

Old 12-10-2005, 03:26 PM

Default 2-7 triple draw question

I've just started playing 2-7 triple draw and I have a basic question about playing from the small blind. I'll often play a hand like 38KA10 from the small blind if there is no raise and draw three for an 8 against two players. Maybe I'm wasting half a bet with this call? What about 397AK in the SB? Should I call and draw three to the 7 or two to the 9? I usually toss the 9 in this spot figuring that my opponents are drawing to better than a 9. Maybe I should toss the hand completely? Any suggestions will be helpful.
Old 12-10-2005, 03:36 PM

Default Re: 2-7 triple draw question

Do you like playing trash hands out of position in Triple Draw 2-7? if so then continue. Personally I wouldn't play any of those hands, but thats just me [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

TT
Old 12-10-2005, 03:39 PM

I would fold all of these. I've eventually come to the conclusion that three-card draws other than maybe 27 are pretty much unplayable from the SB. Definitely don't draw three to an 8 or two to a 9.
Old 12-10-2005, 03:41 PM

No, I don't like playing trash. That is why I'm asking if the hand is trash. I guess what I'm looking for is some kind of analysis beyond "that hand is trash, dummy".
Old 12-10-2005, 03:45 PM

[ QUOTE ]
No, I don't like playing trash. That is why I'm asking if the hand is trash. I guess what I'm looking for is some kind of analysis beyond "that hand is trash, dummy".

[/ QUOTE ]

There's not really a lot of analysis to give. The farther out of position you are, the smoother you want to be drawing. Because of that, playing the SB without a deuce is trouble.
Old 12-10-2005, 04:03 PM

So would I draw 27XXX from the SB? Should I ever be drawing three? I just started playing and I'm losing at the .25/.50 level...
Old 12-10-2005, 04:11 PM

At this point, you're probably best off not drawing three unless you get a free play in the BB. Then draw to a 7.

I'm generally an advocate of playing too tight as a beginner. If you limit yourself to 2x7 and better it's pretty easy to make a profit at the low levels. Once you get used to playing those hands you can introduce 8 draws and loosen up defending the blinds.
Old 12-10-2005, 04:33 PM

[ QUOTE ]
No, I don't like playing trash.

[/ QUOTE ]

So why bother asking? You obviously knew from your original post that the hands were trash. If you want to play trash hands, you can handle playing out of position with a hand that is likely dominated pre-flop, and enjoy watching your opponents auto-bet into you after the first draw when you draw 3 ( a weak three at that) then more power too ya. Personally I chose not to, its your choice to make not the forums.

TT [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]
Old 12-10-2005, 07:05 PM

Any deuce-wheel should probably be ok in the sb, but I doubt it makes a huge difference whether you play them or not.
Old 12-10-2005, 09:38 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
No, I don't like playing trash.

[/ QUOTE ]

So why bother asking? You obviously knew from your original post that the hands were trash.

[/ QUOTE ]

Hey, I just started playing this game. I have read nothing about it and I'm trying to figure it out. I thought this forum was for learning. If you think the question is bad, just don't respond to it. No reason to make people feel stupid or make snide and sarcastic comments or be condescending. After all, the OP stated in the first line that i'm a beginner and that I had a basic question.