Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Tournament Poker > One-table Tournaments
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Closed Thread

Old 12-18-2005, 10:19 PM

Default Re: 11s PP: How is it possible to make a profit

[ QUOTE ]
Is it just me or have the calling requirements at the $11s gotten a lot looser as of late? I have been called off with real garbage the past few months when pushing late in the tourney. A/rag, K/7-k/9, Q/10s-qj; j/9, pp 22 and up. I want to move back to the 20s and 30s but I had to cashout awhile back and I like to move up when I have 200 buyins.

[/ QUOTE ]

you want a roll of 4k to play 20s? 50 buy ins should be more than suffecient.
Old 12-18-2005, 10:20 PM

i push a ton of hands heads up and if you are not then thats a leak
Old 12-18-2005, 11:20 PM

[ QUOTE ]
i push a ton of hands heads up and if you are not then thats a leak

[/ QUOTE ]

Of course I push hands heads up. Often I find myself HU with the blinds being fairly low (150/300) or something like that. If you are pushing all in or folding here you are missing opportunities to trap your opponent and seal the win. If you would rather just push everytime and leave it up to the luck of the cards, well power to you.
Old 12-18-2005, 11:39 PM

over my first 40 11s on PP i have a 52% itm..but for the first 28 i only 2 tabled, bumped it up to 4 table till i got to 40 and noticed a drop performance..but i didnt FEEL a drop, i felt like i played them fine, i just didnt win my flips and 60/40s...i mean, i felt a little rushed at times, but thats expected right? i should continue 4 tabling and just assume that its things evening out right?
Old 12-18-2005, 11:44 PM

[ QUOTE ]

Of course I push hands heads up. Often I find myself HU with the blinds being fairly low (150/300) or something like that. If you are pushing all in or folding here you are missing opportunities to trap your opponent and seal the win. If you would rather just push everytime and leave it up to the luck of the cards, well power to you.

[/ QUOTE ]

Winner, winner, chicken dinner!!
Old 12-18-2005, 11:48 PM

...you should know that to come to any sort of idea about what your “actual” stats are, you’re going to have to play about 500 games at a level before anyone takes your numbers seriously

Citation: FAQ
Old 12-18-2005, 11:55 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Is it just me or have the calling requirements at the $11s gotten a lot looser as of late? I have been called off with real garbage the past few months when pushing late in the tourney. A/rag, K/7-k/9, Q/10s-qj; j/9, pp 22 and up. I want to move back to the 20s and 30s but I had to cashout awhile back and I like to move up when I have 200 buyins.

[/ QUOTE ]

you want a roll of 4k to play 20s? 50 buy ins should be more than suffecient.

[/ QUOTE ]

Sorry, I meant 100 buyins. I just feel more comfortable moving up at 100 buyins than 50. Personal preference I guess.
Old 12-19-2005, 12:39 AM

[ QUOTE ]
If you are hitting >30% ROI at any level but the $215s, you are losing money by not moving up. Ie it's a silly goal. Yes it is achievable by very good players at low limits, but it's not worth their time to play there.

[/ QUOTE ]

eh... no. if your itm is 31% your not making profit. 33% should be the least since top 3 gets paid and thats 33% of 10. the ideal itm to be around is 39 i believe. havnt been in 11's for a long time so i dont no whats possible there.
Old 12-19-2005, 12:42 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
If you are hitting >30% ROI at any level but the $215s, you are losing money by not moving up. Ie it's a silly goal. Yes it is achievable by very good players at low limits, but it's not worth their time to play there.

[/ QUOTE ]

eh... no. if your itm is 31% your not making profit. 33% should be the least since top 3 gets paid and thats 33% of 10. the ideal itm to be around is 39 i believe. havnt been in 11's for a long time so i dont no whats possible there.

[/ QUOTE ]

eh ... 3 out of 10 is 30%, as far as I can recall.
Old 12-19-2005, 01:02 AM

I'm sure you can tell the difference between 'roi' and 'itm', so please go back and re-read my post again [img]/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img]
Closed Thread