Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Micro-Limits
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 09-26-2005, 02:33 AM

Default Ck raise on flop and turn?

Reviewing some hands from tonight. I rarely make a play like this but for some reason felt compelled to do it here.

Villian is 40/7/.8. I have not seen anything unusual from him. Will call down with middle pair and bets top pair. Plays Ax always.

My standard line here is bet/call, ck/raise, bet. Which line is better and why? Which line is better against a tricky opponent?

Party Poker 1/2 Hold'em (6 max, 6 handed) FTR converter on zerodivide.cx

Preflop: Hero is SB with 7[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img], Q[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img].
<font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, MP calls, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, Hero completes, BB checks.

Flop: (3 SB) Q[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img], 7[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], A[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(4 players)</font>
Hero checks, BB checks, <font color="#CC3333">MP bets</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises</font>, BB folds, MP calls.

Turn: (3.50 BB) 5[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
Hero checks, <font color="#CC3333">MP bets</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises</font>, MP calls.

River: (7.50 BB) 2[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, MP calls.

Final Pot: 9.50 BB
Old 09-26-2005, 02:38 AM

Default Re: Ck raise on flop and turn?

Haha. You've already done it twice. Go for the trifecta. Seriously, there's no reason to checkraise here. Who are you check-raising? No one raised preflop, so you can't expect anyone to bet. Bet every street.
Old 09-26-2005, 02:40 AM

Unless you are 100% sure that villain will always bet if checked to, I think I'm bet/3betting the flop, leading out on the turn. I really don't want this flop to be checked around, and bottom two pair is always vulnerable. No one has shown strength preflop, so I'm just betting.
Old 09-26-2005, 06:46 AM

You usually can't get away with two checkraises in a row, so I'd bet out the turn.

You might want to bet out on that flop also, unless your pretty sure MP will bet.
Old 09-26-2005, 08:59 AM

Anyone think that this line buys me significant fold equity next time I ck raise villian?
Old 09-26-2005, 09:04 AM

Bet the flop.
Bet the turn.
Bet the river.
Old 09-26-2005, 11:54 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Anyone think that this line buys me significant fold equity next time I ck raise villian?

[/ QUOTE ]

Maybe. But that's not reason enough to do this. Bet like a man, and like it. It's not really close.
Old 09-26-2005, 12:03 PM

I actually probably default to the way you played it. You've got bottom 2 pair on a 2 flush board. I'd say that you want to charge the flush draws and Ax hands 2 bets on the flop.

Edit
OK, now I've read the replies and realize that I'm stupid. Disregard.
Old 09-26-2005, 12:13 PM

I'm surprised this hasn't been really explained yet, so here it goes.

We need to bet mainly for value. We shouldn't check-raise because
1) We're not protecting against anything. It's impossible to protect against a flush draw, forget about it.
2) With no PF action and passive villains, the chance of it getting checked through is way too high. Getting it checked through really sucks.
Old 09-26-2005, 12:40 PM

This is a noob question but could someone explain fold equity to me. I've read some posts that references it and I gather that it's something like the percentage of time you'll win the bet by the other players folding compared with the size of the pot. Thanks.