Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Medium-Stakes Pot-, No-Limit Hold'em

Old 12-30-2005, 06:52 PM

Default Re: Live 1-2, KK played too weakly?

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
I'm raising this more preflop, I would have made it 30, i'm not playing KK 4-5 handed, especially with a deeper stack against a villan that covers me.

[/ QUOTE ]

You are a donkey

[/ QUOTE ]

Nice informative post, so let me get this straight wdead, you like giving odds to 4 limpers to hit sets when your holding a 175BB stack. Maybe 30 is a bit much in this passive of game but i'm at least making my standard raise wtih 3-4 limpers in front of me 24 and increasing based on the looseness of the game.

If you don't know how to manipulate your villans into calling your preflop raises to 10-15BB's without odds or really thin odds preflop when you have premium hands then you sir are the donkey. Why don't you go back to the small stakes forum where you belong...
Old 12-31-2005, 02:34 AM

Default Re: Live 1-2, KK played too weakly?

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
I'm raising this more preflop, I would have made it 30, i'm not playing KK 4-5 handed, especially with a deeper stack against a villan that covers me.

[/ QUOTE ]

You are a donkey

[/ QUOTE ]

Nice informative post, so let me get this straight wdead, you like giving odds to 4 limpers to hit sets when your holding a 175BB stack. Maybe 30 is a bit much in this passive of game but i'm at least making my standard raise wtih 3-4 limpers in front of me 24 and increasing based on the looseness of the game.

If you don't know how to manipulate your villans into calling your preflop raises to 10-15BB's without odds or really thin odds preflop when you have premium hands then you sir are the donkey. Why don't you go back to the small stakes forum where you belong...

[/ QUOTE ]

ok, donkey

edit: seriously though, just cuz I am giving villain's "implied" odds doesnt mean I have to get stacked off every time KK gets outflopped. I have laid down KK post flop many times and will do so in the future. I am sorry for the rude nature of my previous post, but I strongly believe that raising to 10-15xBB preflop (unless # of limpers dicate) is poor poker play. What are you gonna do when a solid thinking player sees what you are doing and exploit it. You suggest raising more hands to 15xbb than just premium pairs to mix it up? Do you do this? Does this work? Seems like you would just be bleeding money away, because the whole crux of your arguement is that the players will call with bad hands anyway.

Telling me to go back to small stakes where I belong was brilliant. I think we should all strive to make those who are attempting to transition from SSNL to MSNL feel as uncomfortable as possible until they all leave.

Edited to remove another uneeded rude comment, what is with my temper these days?