Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Micro-Limits
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 05-13-2005, 04:11 PM

Default Re: hAA hAA hAA

I thought about this hand some more and here is the conclusion I came up with. Fish is obviously not putting you on AA yet (if he is putting you on anything at all). Fish has top pair, with any kicker that isn't paired on the board. Fish figures you are betting out just because you raised PF, and there is a very good chance that his hand is good. Maybe he is observant enough to notice you making a lot of steal-raises with hands like JQ and such. Now also maybe he just watched TV, or just watched a friend make this play in a home game, or just read about the checkraise somewhere. He thought this would be a great time to try out his "new move." Fish expects you to fold your hand, but is kind of shocked you didn't. Fish is now worried about his kicker, or AA or something, and checks the river. I think you can safely bet this for value.
Old 05-13-2005, 05:39 PM

Default Re: hAA hAA hAA (Results)

i talked with shillx some more about where i shouldve put in the extra bet (and i shouldve) and it was on the turn. its the only street im going to make money on before that river falls.

my fishy had K5o for a flopped two pair and sort of power played me on the turn and i think he checked on the river because he thought i couldve hit a straight draw or had a stronger hand. i didnt know he had it in him to wait me out until 4th street.
Old 05-13-2005, 05:46 PM

I think fish would bet the flop with KJ. I really think you are ahead here....
Old 05-13-2005, 05:47 PM

well, that's not a fishy play [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]
Old 05-13-2005, 05:53 PM

[ QUOTE ]
well, that's not a fishy play [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

[/ QUOTE ]

I think its pretty fishy. Not a very good place to slowplay IMO. A better line for our fish would be to C/R the flop, in which case our Hero would have 3-bet. He could then call, and proceed to C/R again on the turn if the board doesn't pair.

I still don't understand his river check. Did he get scared, or was he ambitious enough to think he could get a second C/R in?
Old 05-13-2005, 06:48 PM

While we're on the topic of what villain could possibly have, I've run into a few people recently on PP 1/2 that wait until the turn to raise tpgk (KQ in this case). Therefore I think you should 3bet/call, and fold the river unimproved.