Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes Pot-, No-Limit Hold'em
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 11-11-2004, 04:29 AM

Default You make the call

Ultimate Bet No-Limit Hold'em Tourney, Big Blind is t200 (3 handed) converter

Hero (t2835)
BB (t2670)
Button (t4495)

Preflop: Hero is SB with T[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img], J[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img].
<font color="CC3333">Button raises to t400</font>, Hero calls t300, <font color="666666">1 fold</font>.

Flop: (t1000) 8[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img], Q[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], A[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] <font color="blue">(2 players)</font>
Hero checks, <font color="CC3333">Button bets t200</font>, <font color="CC3333">Hero raises to t800</font>, <font color="CC3333">Button raises to t3400</font>, Hero calls t1635 (All-In).

Turn: (t6835) 6[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] <font color="blue">(2 players, 1 all-in)</font>

Final Pot: t6835

Just finished this hand in a $10+.50 Sit &amp; Go on UB. Just made the money 3 or 4 hands ago. Would you make this call? Or would you let him have this one and keep 1600 chips to fight with?
Old 11-11-2004, 05:00 AM

Default Re: You make the call

Unless opponent is overaggressive preflop, I'd fold it out of position.

As for your check-raise, I'd suggest just calling as he's charging you a small price to see the turn with your flush and gutshot straight draw. If you really want to try to take down the pot, I'd raise all-in as you'd be forced to call a reraise, you should be first to put all your money in to maximize pressure.

Garland
Old 11-11-2004, 05:28 AM

I guess I should have given a little player info. The button had a dominating lead early, and had been betting very aggressively. His preflop raise was a standard deal. I had noticed he had been throwing out minimum bets post flop to buy the pot, and would fold to a raise. This felt like one of those situations, so I decided to try a semi-bluff. I actually expected to drag the pot right there.
Old 11-11-2004, 05:40 AM

You HAVE TO CALL. However, the point is moot as you should have just check-raised all-in on the flop or taken cheap cards as was suggested earlier. Raising less is pointless as it entices him more to call and with 15 outs youre utterly pot-committed for your stack.
Old 11-11-2004, 05:51 AM

Hero doesn't have a gutshot, he has a double gutshot. JT on an AQ8 board. With the clubs, in effect he has a straight flush draw. I probably push to his bet since the pot's fairly big on the flop.