Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Other Poker > Omaha/8
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 08-03-2005, 02:20 PM

Default Re: PLO8 Online Cash Games (Research & Review)

It will be a while before I can sit in the $400 games, but for now, I'll take your word for it.

[ QUOTE ]
I believe the reason you are having to move tables is players aren't paying you off as you hope, and are realising the person sat in that seat is a rock and isn't "gambling". If you make big bets, then you will find players start thinking "bullshit" and call you down. Also you probably never bluff, and at $25 that's probably correct

[/ QUOTE ]
Sheeesh, I wasn't even playing the $25 tables! I was playing the $2 tables with the .01/.02 blinds! Hehe, I was a rank beginner. And yeah, I'm a rock!

Thanks for your feedback. I'm glad this thread got some attention. I was just hoping that there were players who saw things differently from my experience, so that I could either move up in limits and actually enjoy the game, or at least find some good tourneys.

Felicia [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]
Old 08-03-2005, 02:21 PM

[ QUOTE ]
anyone else feel like PLO8 is dead or dying?

[/ QUOTE ]

I know I sure do--the game is hardly worth playing anymore. You can tell just by looking through the recent history of this forum that nobody plays let alone makes money at this game.
Old 08-03-2005, 02:22 PM

Party poker is amazing for action, check it out. UB is an utter rock garden. You're correct table choice is extremely important. However Site choice comes first.
Old 08-03-2005, 02:24 PM

Sarcasm meter [ON]?

I think maybe he was mainly speaking of live games? I know that O8 isn't really popular in southern California anyway, but I've never seen PLO8 spread, not even during the big tourneys at Commerce.

Once I saw a game at Binion's, right after the 2004 series. I believe it was 5/10 blinds, big game. I've never seen it since.

Anyone else see it live?

Old 08-03-2005, 02:26 PM

I find the biggest problem most players have with omaha when learning is they have no real experience of "hands". The bread and butter stuff that happens 200 times a day to the regulars. I've posted a few hand histories on my site at www.ribbo.com/omaha.htm

In reference to your betting small with big hands, have a read particularily of http://www.ribbo.com/omaha2.htm which is my thoughts on the play
Old 08-03-2005, 02:27 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Sarcasm meter [ON]?

I think maybe he was mainly speaking of live games? I know that O8 isn't really popular in southern California anyway, but I've never seen PLO8 spread, not even during the big tourneys at Commerce.

Once I saw a game at Binion's, right after the 2004 series. I believe it was 5/10 blinds, big game. I've never seen it since.

Anyone else see it live?

[/ QUOTE ]

Yes it certainly isn't a live game. Waaaaay too slow. Online O8 was the best thing since sliced bread.
Old 08-03-2005, 02:33 PM

Yes, live games are never spread. However, O8 games are rarely spread in many places (AC, vegas), and neither are PLHE games. There is probably more interest for both than there are games being spread, simply because a four-card game or a PL game places a lot of demand on the dealer. I think the reason why PLO8 isn't spread is mainly due to lack of interest (even greater lack of interest than for O8 and PLHE cash games), but also because the combination of a 4-card game & PL structure are just too much for an average live dealer to handle.

BTW, it's probably not too early to announce that there will be a live PLO8 home game going down this fall in the Bay Area. Stay posted and if you're definitley interested drop me a PM.
Old 08-03-2005, 02:57 PM

I played a live 5/10 with a kill at foxwoods ( a game they spread regularly for 1 table ). The dealers were horrid. There were mistakes on lows that the players had to finally figure out with much argueing and one player almost left the table before the dealer was corrected.

Even with these problems the game was very playable live.
Old 08-03-2005, 03:50 PM

I will confirm. Felicia's tight play makes Rocks seem like jello. [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]
Old 08-03-2005, 04:55 PM

I think betting less than the pot is ok, as long as you do it in a range of situations.

gl

dd