Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Other Poker > Omaha High

Old 11-10-2005, 04:12 PM

Default Re: Pot-Limit Omaha FAQ

As an Omaha n00b browsing this forum I would like to suggest a brief discussion of Omaha starting hands and their relative strengths preflop be put in the FAQ(maybe even using anolagies to holdem, ie - are there certain hands that play similar to suited connectors for holdem? dominated hands like KJo?)

Although this might take up too much space, so a few links to some good threads discussing this would be awesome!
Old 11-10-2005, 05:59 PM

[ QUOTE ]
As an Omaha n00b browsing this forum I would like to suggest a brief discussion of Omaha starting hands and their relative strengths preflop be put in the FAQ(maybe even using anolagies to holdem, ie - are there certain hands that play similar to suited connectors for holdem? dominated hands like KJo?)

Although this might take up too much space, so a few links to some good threads discussing this would be awesome!

[/ QUOTE ]

I'm working on putting this together. A real FAQ, complete with links to good threads etc should be forthcoming (i.e. 1-2 months tops).
Old 11-10-2005, 10:29 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I'm working on putting this together. A real FAQ, complete with links to good threads etc should be forthcoming (i.e. 1-2 months tops).

[/ QUOTE ]

I just wanted to clarify, i don't plan on writing a treatise on how to play PLO. Just the FAQs and then links to threads that cover common situations and concepts (including starting hands, preflop raising, etc).
Old 11-28-2005, 06:03 PM

Perhaps this isn't the place to point this out -- I don't know what would be -- but the left-hand menu says, "Pot-Limit Omaha" whereas the forum itself says "Omaha High". (I'm looking for a quick crash course in playing PLOH so I suppose either one is useful to me tonight....) I would think this would be an FAQ, at least until it's fixed.

Searches attempted: "Omaha high", "Pot-limit" with default params.

FWIW I'm of the opinion that a wiki is a good way to maintain an FAQ. Our experience with the Beginners FAQ has confirmed this belief.