Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Tournament Poker > One-table Tournaments
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 09-24-2004, 06:06 PM

Default My First 100 10+1 Party SnG\'s Completed

After a busy week four-tabling PP SnG's I have reached my first benchmark, giving me a chance to sit back and check up on my stats.
I started badly, losing my first six in a row. Then things picked up and I stayed pretty consistent until the end, with a nightmarish last 15 games propped up nicely by winning my last two.
Overall profit stands at $260, or $2.6 per game, with an ROI of 23.63% and an ITM of 41%.
I am generally pleased with the results, especially considering that I made fundamental changes to my SnG game when starting on Party Poker, namely that I tightened up extremely in the early stages of a tournament. I like my ITM stat, although this could obviously be improved. My ROI is a little low, but overall I'm happy with my performance.
Any comments?
Old 09-24-2004, 06:37 PM

Default Re: My First 100 10+1 Party SnG\'s Completed

you making money past the rake...you're in the top 20% or so so grats et all blah blah...jk nice job
Old 09-24-2004, 07:53 PM

These results look good to me. It's probably possible to sustain a higher ROI over the long term, but I think if you can sustain 23% you're still doing quite well, especially if you can do it while 4-tabling.
Old 09-25-2004, 03:27 PM

Congratulations on hitting a milestone. I agree with others that your numbers will definitely make you money, however I must agree with others and yourself that the ROI could be much higher.

I do not multi-table, but in the 66 $10+1 I have kept stats on (granted only ~2/3 your sample size and still rather small), I have a 54.3% ROI. I realize this is TOO high, i.e. most likely unsustainable. For my 118 $20+2 I have a 33.3% ROI.

Granted these are all small samples and that could be the explanation to the variance right there, but I still think that your ROI could be higher for the $10+1, I find the players there to be extremely weak for the most part.

Will
Old 09-26-2004, 11:29 AM

IMO, 23% is quite good.

You won't get that impression from the forum, but there are some good reasons why that's true.

BTW, your true ROI could be very different from your first 100 games.