Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Tournament Poker > One-table Tournaments
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 08-30-2005, 04:47 PM

Default An explanation to NOT push preflop..

[ QUOTE ]
4 players left in sng...blinds at 100/200

Hero 1865
villian 2085
other 6110
other 3440

Hero in BB dealt QJo

2 folds, sb limps

flop is 5h As Qh

sb pushes all in....hero calls

Hero shows QJ
sb shows 10 7

Turn 10

river 7

[/ QUOTE ]
i have recently slowed down on my mad pushing from the bb to a small blind complete. earlier in my life you could not find a more aggro person in this spot. however, people started limp calling my shoves with hands as bad as K7. effectively 'trapping' with K7. idiots.

also.. why is everyone so scared to play a flop? i mean.. does it really suck that bad to check here and take a flop? QJo isnt exactly the greatest hand aipf. take a flop, let him lost everything with his godamned K7 on my J72 flop. also.. you could argue that QJ is a good heads up FLOP hand, a hand you dont mind seeing a flop with. i duno, i just hate betting 5x the pot preflop now heads up. i dont mind taking a flop off and winning the pot with minimal risk, or taking the slight loss.

now listen, to all you naysayers, i say this: IM NOT SAYING DONT PUSH PREFLOP. im offering an objective view at an alternative play. the much underused 'check'. old raptor shoved all day. new raptor sees extra ev in taking a flop. try it out, might end up liking it. holla