Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Micro-Limits
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 12-04-2005, 08:31 PM

Default raising bottom pair into five people

2/4 live game

Hero has 9[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]8[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] in MP. UTG drunk LAG limps, Hero limps, 2 LP weak-fish people limp, SB (2+2'er) completes, and BB checks.

flop (6 players) K[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]Q[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]8[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]
UTG drunk LAG bets, Hero ???

How bad is raising here? UTG has been known to lead with anything from a gutshot to a set, and the fish behind generally call with any piece of the board or draw.
Old 12-04-2005, 08:40 PM

Default Re: raising bottom pair into five people

[ QUOTE ]
2/4 live game

Hero has 9[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]8[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] in MP. UTG drunk LAG limps, Hero limps, 2 LP weak-fish people limp, SB (2+2'er) completes, and BB checks.

flop (6 players) K[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]Q[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]8[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]
UTG drunk LAG bets, Hero ???

How bad is raising here? UTG has been known to lead with anything from a gutshot to a set, and the fish behind generally call with any piece of the board or draw.

[/ QUOTE ]

well, if they're calling with any piece of the board, then they're probably crushing you.

i prefer calling and turning an 8
Old 12-04-2005, 08:43 PM

LOL. Raising is awful.

You live in Las Vegas and you know how to play, I assume.

Even if you are playing against poor players, your bottom pair wont stand up against 5 other players. Particularly with 2 high cards on the board.

You are behind in this hand. Fold. [img]/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img]
Old 12-04-2005, 08:45 PM

[ QUOTE ]
well, if they're calling with any piece of the board, then they're probably crushing you.

[/ QUOTE ]

This and the faqt that there are so many people in the pot makes raising here bad [img]/images/graemlins/tongue.gif[/img] I fold this one.
Old 12-04-2005, 09:58 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

This and the faqt that there are so many people in the pot makes raising here bad [img]/images/graemlins/tongue.gif[/img] I fold this one.

[/ QUOTE ]

5 outs to 2 pair or a set, 1.5 for the backdoor flush, 0.5 for our 2-gapper straight draw. That's 7 outs needing about 5.7SB to call and we're being offered 7. Even with some discount and not closing the action I think this is an easy peel.
Old 12-04-2005, 10:00 PM

Calling > Raising > Folding. Folding is particularly bad with all of your outs. I call.

Edit: Ignore the last sentence.
Old 12-04-2005, 10:01 PM

or let's be realistic and discount our very weak two pair draw and our practically nonexistant backdoor straight draw because it will put TJQK on the board.

fold it up.
Old 12-04-2005, 10:26 PM

[ QUOTE ]
or let's be realistic and discount our very weak two pair draw and our practically nonexistant backdoor straight draw because it will put TJQK on the board.

fold it up.

[/ QUOTE ]

folding>>calling>>>>>>> >>>>>>>>>>>>&g t;>>>>>>>>>>>> >>>raising
Old 12-04-2005, 10:29 PM

[ QUOTE ]

fold it up.

[/ QUOTE ]

I still think it's worth a call. I expect one or both fish to call and pad for us and the SB to fold. I'm done if SB checkraises and UTG makes it 3 though.
Old 12-04-2005, 11:18 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

5 outs to 2 pair or a set, 1.5 for the backdoor flush, 0.5 for our 2-gapper straight draw. That's 7 outs needing about 5.7SB to call and we're being offered 7. Even with some discount and not closing the action I think this is an easy peel.

[/ QUOTE ]

Don't forget that this is a live game though. That's 7:1 prerake. Right now you're probably getting 5 or 6 to 1 realistically. The pot is small and you have bottom pair with 4 players to act behind you. I think it's an easy fold.