Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Mid- and High-Stakes Hold'em
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 09-26-2005, 12:58 AM

Default Apparently my blind play is absolutely horrible

40K hand checkup at 15/30 on party and my blind stats are abysmal. -0.18 for the SB and -0.22 for the BB. I know that 40,000 is not an enormous sample size... but those numbers are totally horrendous, right?

I have been out of the loop for a little while and searching through this forum is not an easy chore so if someone could point me to any recent blind defense threads that would be great. I honestly have no idea what hands I should be defending steal-raises with that I am not doing already.

My folded to steal-raise percenteages are way too high though, they just have to be. I am going to try to work on this and post some hands later this week.

Grossed out and depressed,
tpir
Old 09-26-2005, 01:07 AM

Default Re: Apparently my blind play is absolutely horrible

[ QUOTE ]
40K hand checkup at 15/30 on party and my blind stats are abysmal. -0.18/100 for the SB and -0.22/100 for the BB. I know that 40,000 is not an enormous sample size... but those numbers are totally horrendous, right?

[/ QUOTE ]

Those stats are per hand I think, not per 100. Are they so bad? You are forced to post 0.83 BB each orbit and you are recovering more than half of it on these two hands alone.
Old 09-26-2005, 01:20 AM

Yes, they are per hand and not per 100... thanks, I edited the original post. And I am pretty sure those are really bad numbers.... the sample size might not be that big, but my VP$IP from the blinds should converge fairly quickly.
Old 09-26-2005, 01:41 AM

yes your stats are bad but posting this [censored] is pointless you should know better.
Old 09-26-2005, 01:43 AM

Those are not bad numbers. Your bb costs you .5bb/hand and you are recouping over half of that back. How much better do you want to do?
Old 09-26-2005, 01:52 AM

Still there is sample size issues. My 10/20 stats for 25,000 hands show me winning more UTG than any other position including the button. Your BB win rate is probably based on about 5000 hands. That's not very much.
Old 09-26-2005, 10:59 AM

[ QUOTE ]
yes your stats are bad but posting this [censored] is pointless you should know better.

[/ QUOTE ]
You're right. Looking for help in finding any recent blind defense threads is really dumb. I will stop posting from now on as you clearly have a monopoly on awesome posts.

Take care 2+2,
tpir
Old 09-26-2005, 11:21 AM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

If you ignore the numbers part, this is just "point me to recent good threads", which doesn't seem like a bad question to ask at all. Not sure why it got met with vitrol on your part.
Old 09-26-2005, 11:22 AM

as you know, no player can have positive numbers in the blinds. your numbers could be a little better, but they are not that bad. read inside the poker mind, it will help.
Old 09-26-2005, 02:27 PM

my post's intent is for improvement of the forum. obviously any improvements i think the forum could make are an opinion and not a fact. however, i think its quite clear that these stats posts dont get anywhere. you basically took the time to tell the forum that you are running bad in the blinds over an insignificant sample size and want someone to present to you the holy grail of blind defense in 1 thread. there are plenty of threads that discuss blind defense and are very helpful, why dont you take the time to search the archives? this thread is no better than any of the threads you read about asking "how do i become a better player?", "when should i value bet?", and "should i be bluffing more often?"