Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > 2+2 Communities > Other Other Topics
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 06-24-2005, 05:53 PM

Default Re: terrible way to lose a fight...

LOL WTF

Well, it was a movie, after all. Maybe they should have had a wrap party on the spot.
Old 06-24-2005, 05:53 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Does anyone know if that was an actual style of fighting that kid was using or was he just goofing around?

[/ QUOTE ]

He's probably a low or mid belt at best. But it got the job done.

b

[/ QUOTE ]

yep. it reminded me of that video of the karate instructor who had that pimp walk up to him trying to start a fight. he didn't get all into a stance or anything, but when the guy got close, he plants slightly and knocks the guy silly with a backhand strike to the temple. i would have been more impressed if this guy did that instead of goin all crazy with his stances...

[/ QUOTE ]

Hey, got a link to that? Sounds kinda funny, I wouldn't mind seeing it.
Old 06-24-2005, 06:01 PM

You were picked on as a kid, weren't you?
Old 06-24-2005, 06:02 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Does anyone know if that was an actual style of fighting that kid was using or was he just goofing around?

[/ QUOTE ]

b

[/ QUOTE ]

yep. it reminded me of that video of the karate instructor who had that pimp walk up to him trying to start a fight. he didn't get all into a stance or anything, but when the guy got close, he plants slightly and knocks the guy silly with a backhand strike to the temple. i would have been more impressed if this guy did that instead of goin all crazy with his stances...

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

but of course!

*THWACK*
Old 06-24-2005, 06:04 PM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I'm not sure if this is the right terminology, but it was a backhand knife to the neck, and he knocked the guy down SO hard. He tried to get back up and fell back over right away.

Its on ebaumworld somewhere.
Old 06-24-2005, 06:04 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

b

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

In a similar vein, my friends told me of a boxer they knew once who get really drunk and drug dealer tried to sell him something. Well, the kid didn't want anything, so he started walking away, but the dealer grabbed him by the shoulder to spin him around.

Bad idea.

The boxer, on instinct, just punched him right in the chest. The dealer collapsed, and the boxer and his group of friends left. The thing is they're pretty sure he killed the guy.
Old 06-24-2005, 06:19 PM

Yeah it kind of did look like a simple chop to me. First I thought it was a backfist, and it's pretty hard to see, but I think it's probably a chop. The way his forearm faces and the plane it moves in especially make it look that way.

When I read it was a backfist to the temple, I was kind of surprised and that's why I wanted to see it. I could see a backfist to the jaw, but a backfist to the temple from someone who has even the slightest clue how to do it can be a killing blow, not just a knock-out. It's extremely fast and my favorite punch, but I was surprised hearing that an expert would use it, especially as a first blow against some street assmunch.

Not that a chop to the neck can't mess you up pretty bad too, but the guy probably put more push than snap into it just to hurt him and let him know who's boss. Which, it looks like -- he found out!

That's the trouble with trying to be a big shot picking fights in front of your woman -- you can wind looking like even more of a punk if you lose.
Old 06-24-2005, 06:23 PM

Thanks for the link!

A more experienced guy might have realized how much you give up by making a big production out of your skills. He was probably just thrilled he had them. The pro knew, though. Short and sweet.
Old 06-24-2005, 06:26 PM

[ QUOTE ]

A more experienced guy might have realized how much you give up by making a big production out of your skills.

[/ QUOTE ]

Chicks dig guy's with skillz, be it nunchuck skills, tetherball skills, flashdance skills, or choi lee fut skillz.
Old 06-24-2005, 06:36 PM

LOL flashdance skills!

That's what's been missing in my repertoire. Dumping buckets of icewater over my head!

Tetherball is way too dangerous.