Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Tournament Poker > One-table Tournaments

Old 11-21-2005, 02:39 AM

Default Re: (55) So you\'ve decided to represent trips...

[ QUOTE ]
Anything is possible, but I think his turn bet is too weak to be trips that often. He didn't slowplay the flop after all.

I think I'm calling. There are some draws out there, so I'm not sure, but I think calling is good.

[/ QUOTE ]

I disagree with this logic about the size of the turn bet because I think lots of people make poor bets with strong hands.

I do however think it is a call. He could still have a lot of hands, many of which you beat, and many of those that will check the river unimproved. I am comfortable calling here and folding to any significant bet on the river. I do think he has a ten alot though, just not enough for you to fold yet.
Old 11-21-2005, 02:48 AM

A few things so far...

1) My preflop raise was my standard Level 1 no limpers preflop raise and that's the way it's gonna be. I may decide that I want to raise a different amount for my raising hands in Level 1 with no limpers but there's no way I'm chaging it based on any factors that can't be seen by my opponents (my cards).

2) My gut instinct was to fold to this turn bet. Usually anyone dim enough to check-minraise bluff the flop will then check the turn. I mean, that's just a stupid play if you don't think you have something real, and even at the 55's I'm not giving people much credit for that level of sophistication (unless I have data on them). The question is, do I have more than they do (99, JJ, QQ)/are they semi-bluffing with two clubs. (Note I have the club redraw so I'm less likely to instantly give up now that the pot is so bog if I call and another club hits.)

A little more and I'll let you all know what happened...
Old 11-21-2005, 03:13 AM

[ QUOTE ]
My preflop raise was my standard Level 1 no limpers preflop raise and that's the way it's gonna be.

[/ QUOTE ]

Why do people say things like this? Some people are so dedicated to improving their game and then so stubborn regarding seemingly random issues.
Old 11-21-2005, 03:27 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
My preflop raise was my standard Level 1 no limpers preflop raise and that's the way it's gonna be.

[/ QUOTE ]

Why do people say things like this? Some people are so dedicated to improving their game and then so stubborn regarding seemingly random issues.

[/ QUOTE ]

Varying your raise amount based on your cards in any sort of systematic way is a bad idea because it gives infomation about your hand. I will vary my raise amount based on position, stack sizes, and the number of limpers as to give myself the best odds (both pot and implied) to play the hand. Also, I said I'm open to the idea of varying the amount of my standard raise if there's a reason to fine-tune it, so I'm not claiming that exactly 45 is perfectly correct now and forever.

The problem with this hand is that if he's going to stack me every single time he flops two-pair or better, I'm giving people correct implied odds to call with any two. I have to be able to take a lot of chips from people some of the time to play this hand profitably and this might be a spot where I need to not lose a lot. It might also be a spot where I stand to win a lot, so I need to get it right.
Old 11-21-2005, 06:20 AM

Representing trips, a dialogue.

Preflop :
Hero: I got something.
Villain: I'll take these odds.

Flop :
Villain: Go ahead and c-bet this.
Hero: Here!
Villain: Baah, no chance you hit this flop!
Hero: You're right, I'll try to hit the turn though.

Turn :
Villain: Haha, I don't think that 5 helped you!
Hero: You're right, crap I only got KK, maybe I should fold it!!!??!!!! [img]/images/graemlins/frown.gif[/img]
Old 11-21-2005, 06:34 AM

[ QUOTE ]

Preflop :

Flop :

Turn :
Hero: You're right, crap I only got KK, maybe I should fold it!!!??!!!! [img]/images/graemlins/frown.gif[/img]

[/ QUOTE ]

nh
Old 11-21-2005, 06:36 AM

[ QUOTE ]

Preflop :

Flop :

Turn :

[/ QUOTE ]

Exactly.
Old 11-21-2005, 10:51 AM

Tough situation!!
The only hands that have u beat are AA & AT both he could have (i doubt he has a weaker hand like KT), i never put any1 on quads. AA would of reraised u preflop so What we have left is AT!!!!
His reraise after the flop says he isnt on a draw.
The key is his turn bet, u called his reraise so he knows u have something but is still willing to bet, i think that shows he isnt messing.

For the argument facing a bluff, he probably isnt putting u on a T so he may be playing you here but i feel he wouldnt bluff twice at this hand. so im thinkin thats not a factor!
Old 11-21-2005, 12:43 PM

[ QUOTE ]

Preflop :

Flop :

Turn :

[/ QUOTE ]

This was exactly what I was thinking too after hitting the time bank. The only thing that threw me was the minraise. That's a terrible idea if he thinks I missed the flop because now I'm looking at close to correct pot odds to call anyway, and I'll probably get a lot more out of him when I hit. On the turn blank, of course he's betting. Duh. Sure, there are some hands that beat me, but a lot that don't.

I pushed ("Yeah [censored][blank]-er, you like that? I was suckering you in by looking weak on the flop and getting you to bet out the turn. Now I have half your chips in the pot and you're on a flush draw. Only some super-donkey would call this. This is a Party Poker $55, not the WSOP Main Event." He folded.