Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Other Topics > Politics
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 12-02-2005, 06:31 PM

Default Re: Possible problems with anarcho-capitalism

1) I don't claim that anarcho-capitalism is utopian

You want a world without taxes, where the market is king and ultimately decides all. Semantics.

2) Why do you believe that feudalism is the inevitable outcome of AC? Give me *some* line of reasoning

The survival of the fittest, to the victors go the spoils, the rich get richer. Feudalism collapsed because of the greed of the haves not because they suddenly cared for the have-nots. They couldn't stop trying to crush each other and ultimately only weakened themselves.
Old 12-02-2005, 07:02 PM

[ QUOTE ]

You want a world without taxes, where the market is king and ultimately decides all. Semantics.

2) Why do you believe that feudalism is the inevitable outcome of AC? Give me *some* line of reasoning

The survival of the fittest, to the victors go the spoils, the rich get richer. Feudalism collapsed because of the greed of the haves not because they suddenly cared for the have-nots. They couldn't stop trying to crush each other and ultimately only weakened themselves.

[/ QUOTE ]

Poor example. Your knowledge of economics is obviously limited. You are not taking into account the development of infrastructure the fact that free-market economics is positive-sum. In America for example, the overall standard of living is very high not because of the intervention of the state, but because of the lack of intervention by the state relative to other nations (America is one of the freer states economically). Of course, this is largely due to the development of infrastructure and a vast service industry.
Old 12-02-2005, 07:05 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Poor example. Your knowledge of economics is obviously limited. You are not taking into account the development of infrastructure the fact that free-market economics is positive-sum. In America for example, the overall standard of living is very high not because of the intervention of the state, but because of the lack of intervention by the state relative to other nations (America is one of the freer states economically). Of course, this is largely due to the development of infrastructure and a vast service industry.

[/ QUOTE ]

My knowledge of economics is limited? *laughs*.

I didn't state a single thing about transportation or intervention creating good things in this country.

2 things have allowed the US to excel.

1) High degree of freedom and privitization
2) Consistent rule of law

To think that there can be a form of anarchy with the rule of law is quite rediculous.
Old 12-02-2005, 07:28 PM

[ QUOTE ]
My knowledge of economics is limited? *laughs*.

[/ QUOTE ]

I was responding to superleeds' rationalization for the transformation of AC into feudalism. I am sure your knowledge of economics is quite expansive.

[ QUOTE ]
I didn't state a single thing about transportation or intervention creating good things in this country.

[/ QUOTE ]

Yeah, I wasn't responding to your post. Notice the quote above...

[ QUOTE ]
2 things have allowed the US to excel.

1) High degree of freedom and privitization
2) Consistent rule of law

[/ QUOTE ]

1) Agreed.
2) Agreed. This isn't to say that it is only possible under a statist system however.

[ QUOTE ]
To think that there can be a form of anarchy with the rule of law is quite rediculous.

[/ QUOTE ]

As of now it seems that way. Popular attitudes change though... read my other post.