Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes Hold'em
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 06-28-2005, 12:48 PM

Default 5/10 JTs

I know I probably should have folded preflop but figured I was getting good multiway action with one of the best drawing hands for this kind of pot. After that how is my play?

Party Poker 5/10 Hold'em (10 handed) converter

Preflop: Hero is MP1 with J[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], T[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img].
<font color="#666666">3 folds</font>, Hero calls, MP2 calls, MP3 calls, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Button raises</font>, SB calls, <font color="#CC3333">BB 3-bets</font>, Hero calls, MP2 calls, MP3 folds, <font color="#CC3333">Button caps</font>, SB calls, BB calls, Hero calls, MP2 calls.

Flop: (21 SB) Q[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], Q[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img], T[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(5 players)</font>
SB checks, <font color="#CC3333">BB bets</font>, Hero calls, MP2 folds, Button calls, SB calls.

Turn: (12.50 BB) K[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(4 players)</font>
SB checks, <font color="#CC3333">BB bets</font>, Hero calls, Button folds, <font color="#CC3333">SB raises</font>, <font color="#CC3333">BB 3-bets</font>, Hero calls, <font color="#CC3333">SB caps</font>, BB calls, Hero calls.

River: (24.50 BB) 7[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
SB checks, BB checks, Hero checks.

Final Pot: 24.50 BB
Old 06-28-2005, 12:50 PM

Default Re: 5/10 JTs

I think pre-flop is fine. I'd fold the turn when it's 2 more bets back to you though. With all that action pre-flop, and all those broadway cards on the board along with all the turn action, it looks like you are drawing dead.
Old 06-28-2005, 12:56 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I know I probably should have raised preflop

[/ QUOTE ]

FYP

The rest is fine. Folding at any point before the river would be bad. You even have outs against a possible boat.
Old 06-28-2005, 12:58 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

FYP

The rest is fine. Folding at any point before the river would be bad. You even have outs against a possible boat.

[/ QUOTE ]

how often do you think hero has the best hand if he hits a 10?
Old 06-28-2005, 12:59 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I think pre-flop is fine. I'd fold the turn when it's 2 more bets back to you though. With all that action pre-flop, and all those broadway cards on the board along with all the turn action, it looks like you are drawing dead.

[/ QUOTE ]

didn't notice the straight flush draw, hence, we're not drawing dead, we're drawing to 2 outs, unless there is a high hand jackpot, still not enough to continue, IMO.
Old 06-28-2005, 01:14 PM

Looking at it again, I guess one the villains will have a full house here a very high percentage of the time.

I retract my statement.
Old 06-28-2005, 01:19 PM

I stuck around because it was an openended straightflush draw.

Funny thing is I had the best hand on the flop, AK ended up taking it home.
Old 06-28-2005, 01:40 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

FYP

[/ QUOTE ]

How often would you raise JTs in early MP with more than half the table left to act? This may be a good play on passive tables, but in any situation where your called you mostly OOP and likely facing a stronger hand than you.

I think I would limp as well or fold. However I may be too tight.
Old 06-28-2005, 01:48 PM

Anyone like raising on the flop?
Old 06-28-2005, 02:20 PM

[ QUOTE ]

How often would you raise JTs in early MP with more than half the table left to act?

[/ QUOTE ]

This is read-dependant, I guess. Without reads it's probably a close decision. I tend to err on the side of raising, when it's close, since a lot of good things can happen, when you raise.

It's true that someone calling often will have a stronger hand. It's by no means a certainty, though, even at 5/10. Also, there are some hands that dominate you, that tight players will either corectly or incorrectly fold to your raise (like AJ, AT, KJ, QJ and others).

I don't think limping is such a bad play, I just prefer to raise.