Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Internet Gambling > Internet Gambling
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 02-17-2005, 01:17 AM

Default Re: My inquiry to Pokermountain re: several issues & their response to

>1. What happened to the afro, T.J.?

he was cleaned up for tv by image makers. no bs.

>2. Is Daniel as tall in real life?

no
Old 02-17-2005, 03:25 AM

Default Re: Thanks!

Thanks Greg, we're trying [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

By mutli-table, I actually meant the multi-table tournaments. Right now we just have the single table Quick Starts, but when we get the multis going there will be a huge increase in traffic. For what you were talking about, you can play up to 4 tables at once.

As for Poker Tracker, I really don't know which way marketing will want to go on that, it might be that they purposely make it difficult for poker tracker to track us. According to our website, it say we want to discourage pros, I guess being stats unfriendly would achieve that goal [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img] I'll bring this topic up with marketing, you've got me curious now [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

Paul
http://www.pokermountain.com
Old 02-17-2005, 04:17 AM

Please don't allow poker tracker at your site. I haven't seen the poker mountain software yet, but I hope that you don't include flop %s in the lobby stats either. I've been playing online poker for a while, and I've noticed that without a doubt the sites with the softest games all take a similar approach... they are short on stats that help pros and long on marketing to non-professionals. Making the games less friendly to multi-tabling poker-tracker type players may not make poker mountain popular on the 2+2 forums, but it will also help ensure that PM will have good games running for a long time. If your site becomes too pro-friendly, the bad players will be broken too fast and the pro players will then leave for another site as there is no more easy money to be had from PM. Not allowing poker tracker or flop %s will make your site better in the long run for everyone (fish, pros, and PM), even though it may upset some multi-tablers over the short term. Please consider this before PM makes any effort to be compatable with poker tracker.
Old 02-17-2005, 06:02 AM

You know that is a sort of interesting concept...a site that actually obscures the identity of the people you're playing against (to a limited degree, collusion being a concern of course). Often in a public card room you have a vague memory of how so and so plays in such and such a situation but these pokertracker-type innovations are a whole different ballgame. So the live ones might be happier knowing that each time they visit a site they'll be a different avatar or personage, and the "pros" will actually have to play close, personal attention to their individual acts--just like the good old days.

It would be fascinating to see a site try something along these lines. Call it "Ghost Town poker" or some such name suggeting the vague status of your opponents...
Old 02-17-2005, 06:18 AM

As you post here I am having a probelm trying to deposit I am in the UK so select that in the country then put in my Neteller details and everytime get a pop up saying Invalid Country code.

My neteller account is in $ whic may be partly the problem?

I mailed support at the weekend and got a quick reposnse saying the query was being passed on but never heard anything else, anyone know a workaround for this or can you look into it as I want to deposit and take a look around etc.
Old 02-17-2005, 06:44 AM

Default Re: My inquiry to Pokermountain re: several issues & their response to me

Deigo, one of the members of the Poker Mountain team has mentioned a lot of things to come from Poker Mountain, as of now they're offering a 100% bonus as far as I know. They've had some problems with there software but there customer support is very fast to act on any problems that occur on the tables, you can also find Daniel Negreanu and TJ Cloutier playing as low as 1/2 NL and 5 dollar SnGo's.
Old 02-17-2005, 07:51 AM

[ QUOTE ]
As you post here I am having a probelm trying to deposit I am in the UK so select that in the country then put in my Neteller details and everytime get a pop up saying Invalid Country code.

My neteller account is in $ whic may be partly the problem?

I mailed support at the weekend and got a quick reposnse saying the query was being passed on but never heard anything else, anyone know a workaround for this or can you look into it as I want to deposit and take a look around etc.

[/ QUOTE ]

Hi davey,

I get the same problem. They told me they were aware of the problem and would be fixing it asap (this was a week ago).

The fact that they have a site they seemingly cannot except money from non-US residents is very poor in my opinion.

There is no workaround as far as I know.
Old 02-17-2005, 09:01 AM

Hi Davey,

I have exactly the same problem (UK Neteller $ account = invalid country). After 4 emails and 12 days I finally received a response yesterday stating it was a known bug and that they are trying to fix it. No further info was supplied.

I don't understand why an issue like this takes so long to resolve, but it must screw up their plans to generate a realistic level of traffic on the site.
Old 02-17-2005, 10:58 AM

[ QUOTE ]
You know that is a sort of interesting concept...a site that actually obscures the identity of the people you're playing against (to a limited degree, collusion being a concern of course). Often in a public card room you have a vague memory of how so and so plays in such and such a situation but these pokertracker-type innovations are a whole different ballgame. So the live ones might be happier knowing that each time they visit a site they'll be a different avatar or personage, and the "pros" will actually have to play close, personal attention to their individual acts--just like the good old days.

It would be fascinating to see a site try something along these lines. Call it "Ghost Town poker" or some such name suggeting the vague status of your opponents...

[/ QUOTE ]

And this is a very interesting progression down that same line of thought. Why don't you make a separate post on this .... or, rather, how about if I rip your idea and do it, since I don't know when you'll see this or if you're interested. I will credit you and please feel free to come by and add further thoughts.
Old 02-17-2005, 12:49 PM

I wonder if we put US in as country it will work we can update it once the bug is fixed?

Obviously dont my account locked of course so might not be the best thing to do.