Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Internet Gambling > Internet Gambling
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 02-16-2005, 11:20 PM

Default My inquiry to Pokermountain re: several issues & their response to me

I had several questions I wanted to ask Pokermountain, and instead of posting them and asking people here, I thought it might be prudent to email them and ask, and then post thier reply to me on this board. This would not only answer my questions, but give me some idea of how they interact with thier customers. I will reserve my own opinions on the quality of thier correspondence on this post, though will probably express it elsewhere.

Here is the text of the email I sent at 7:02 tonite central time:
Hello,

I'm considering signing up for a Pokermountain account. I have heard some good things about the games and the software, but thought I would ask a few questions of my own.

1) Pokertracker (PT) compatibility. As I'm sure you know, a lot of serious players keep track their stats via PT. I am one such player. Do you offer hand histories that are compatible with entry into PT? Are these only available via email request, or are they uploaded onto my computer ala Party and their skins (the latter I think being preferable)? If you do not currently offer hand histories compatible with PT, do you at least have plans to do so in the future?

2) Affiliate referrals. Many times a player will refer other people to play on a site and receive some sort of compensation. This is usually in the form of rake generated by the referred player. Do you offer any such programs? If not do you have any future plans of doing so?

3) Bonuses. I am aware of your 100% up to $500 deposit bonus. This is very generous. How often do you plan to offer reloads?

4) Getting you name out. PM is a new site, and you are certainly not up there with Party/skins, Pstars, or Paradise… yet. What plans do you have to get your name out and get the recreational players? Advertising on twoplustwo is nice, but will hardly attract the kind of player I want compete in a pot with (something I’m sure you can understand).

Thanks much,
Greg

This is a text of the reply I got, send 10:06 pm central time:
Dear Greg,

Thank you for your interest in playing at Pokermountain.com.

1) Our hand histories are not compatible whit this software and we will
take
your question as a suggestion in this regard.
2) We do have plans on the refer a friend program and we will let you
know
once is working.
3) At this time the bonus is a one time deal for the initial deposit
but we
will have more offers in the future.
3) We are currently working on Marketing Campaigns to build up our
customer
base and soon we expect to fulfill your needs.

Please let us know if you have more concerns.

Regards
Leo
Poker Mountain Support
Thoughts?