Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Micro-Limits
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 01-20-2005, 06:47 PM

Default AA on the button, advice needed on my river play

No reads on the villan, only my second hand at the table. I'm curious about my river play.

Party Poker 0.5/1 Hold'em (7 handed) converter

Preflop: Hero is Button with A[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img], A[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img].
UTG calls, MP1 folds, MP2 folds, CO folds, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises</font>, SB calls, BB folds, UTG calls.

Flop: (7 SB) 4[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], 7[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img], A[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
SB checks, UTG checks, <font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, SB calls, UTG folds.

Turn: (4.50 BB) 3[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
SB checks, <font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, <font color="#CC3333">SB raises</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero 3-bets</font>, SB calls.

River: (10.50 BB) 5[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
SB checks, <font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, <font color="#CC3333">SB raises</font>, Hero...

On the flop I'm figuring he has either something like AJo or possibly A7 suited. His turn raise is somewhat of a surprise to me and makes me think A7h or even Axh is a real possibility. His river raise re-enforces that in my head.
Old 01-20-2005, 06:48 PM

Default Re: AA on the button, advice needed on my river play

Calls
Old 01-20-2005, 06:57 PM

Do you think the turn 3 bet was a good play? And do you think a reraise on the river is clearly wrong?
Old 01-20-2005, 06:59 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Do you think the turn 3 bet was a good play? And do you think a reraise on the river is clearly wrong?

[/ QUOTE ]

Your 3-bet was perfectly fine. I wouldn't 3-bet this river. The odds are good he doesn't have the 2 or 6 or caught runner runner flush. But with this board I'm not sure if I'm comfortable 3-betting a check-raise.
Old 01-20-2005, 06:59 PM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]
yup &amp; yup. 3-bet is fine on the turn and you have outs to improve. the 5h on the river is doubly scarey as it could complete villans straight or flush. Just call here.
Old 01-20-2005, 07:02 PM

Yea. I ended up 3-betting the river because I'm an idiot who overplays his hands and doesn't give partypoker .5/1 players any credit whatsoever. I also called his cap and lost to A9h. Thanks for the input.