Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Micro-Limits
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 01-18-2005, 01:39 PM

Default A very bad fold?

Hi everyone - this is my first bu not the last post on twoplustwo

I have a hand here to discuss: do i fold it very very badly.. I think that it was to lousy to fold it because of the odds, overcards and so on.

http://www.pokerhand.org/index.php?p...amp;hand=28989

I don't know to convert it otherwise, but i hope you guys will respond anyway.

Gl all at the tables
[img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]
Old 01-18-2005, 01:44 PM

Default Re: A very bad fold?

yup.
Old 01-18-2005, 01:44 PM

Yeah, the pot's more than big enough to call one more bet for your gutshot straight draw and two overcards.

Call and check/fold the turn unimproved.

I also dislike your flop bet because you don't have the best hand, you don't have an equity edge and you're not going to get any better hands to fold.

Welcome to the forums.
Old 01-18-2005, 01:46 PM

Bad fold for the reasons Wario mentioned. Also, you want to avoid betting the flop and immediately folding to a raise, although that's not the main thing here.
Old 01-18-2005, 01:46 PM

Use bison's converter.

I didn't add up the pot but I'm pretty sure you're getting odds to draw to your gutshot alone by the time it comes back to you on the flop, so yes, the fold was pretty bad.

FWIW with this flop and a family pot, I'm more inclined to check-call one on the flop than to lead out.
Old 01-18-2005, 01:49 PM

Your raise preflop was good, I don't like your bet on the flop though, your hand won't be best on this flop against this large of a field and you aren't going to make people with better hands fold. Being that you did bet, your fold was very bad, the pot is already huge and you're getting 23 to 1 or so to call and your hand appears to have about 7 outs(4 Ts for the nuts, 6 overcards which I count as half outs), so you only needed 5.6 to 1 to call to see the turn. The best thing you can do is check call here hoping to improve, you still have a decently strong draw in a huge pot. Hope this helps.
Old 01-18-2005, 01:56 PM

I disagree on the turn fold unimproved, I think he still has the odds to keep drawing to see the river, he would be offered 13.5 to 1 on a turn call if he check called that flop, still enough to keep drawing simply to the gutshot and add in some extras for the overcards and some implied odds and I think that a turn fold would also be very bad.
Old 01-18-2005, 02:06 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I disagree on the turn fold unimproved, I think he still has the odds to keep drawing to see the river, he would be offered 13.5 to 1 on a turn call if he check called that flop, still enough to keep drawing simply to the gutshot and add in some extras for the overcards and some implied odds and I think that a turn fold would also be very bad.

[/ QUOTE ]

You're right our Hero would be getting more than 14-1 on a call. I didn't bother to calculate the pot size when I first replied.
Old 01-18-2005, 02:07 PM

Not only am I leading that flop, I'm 3-betting it too.

If I hit one of my overcards and pay off a straight or 2pair, I'm okay with that. If I hit my T and split with a straight, I'm okay with that too. This pots big enough that I'll make up for it the times I get paid off by middle pair or bottom end of the straight.

But I guess that's just me...
Old 01-18-2005, 02:54 PM

thanks for responding - it won't happen again - but i was a little tired and just messed it up - i could see it exactly at the same time i folded, and shouded out very loudly that i was a big idiot - normally i would even have 3-bet, as budda mentioned...