Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Internet Gambling > Internet Gambling
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 09-28-2005, 05:31 PM

Default Neteller Time Question

My wife (yes she does exist) just made her first deposit into neteller from her bank account (EFT, not instacash).

Neteller says it takes 4-5 days for it to hit the Neteller account, anyone have any experience with this?

I ask because my cashouts from Neteller don't seem to take as long as they advertise.

Thanks,

Doc
Old 09-28-2005, 05:42 PM

Default Re: Neteller Time Question

My money will usually gone from my bank account before it actually shows up in Neteller....kind of annoying.

Whole process for me usually takes at least five days. I am sure it is different for others.
Old 09-28-2005, 05:57 PM

Default Re: Neteller Time Question

Normally an an electonic funds transfer, which is the means that banks use to transfer money clears in a day or two. Possibly a bit longer if it is overseas.

The reason it takes 4-5 days is so that they can sell you an "Instacash Transfer" which provides you with an instant transfer, which is actually a loan to you of their money to cover the eft amount (which they have already verified with your account, btw, so they know they are going to get paid) for a mere 8.9% transaction fee. I don't know what the annualized rate is equivalent to 8.9% for 5 days but it is astronomical.

But yes the eft proceedure is normal and I have used it several times with no problem. Just be patient for a day or two. You can probably transfer her some cash on most of the poker sites to play with until she gets her own cash in the accounts. There is not a fee to transfer $ to another player on Poker Stars for instance. I think most of the rest are the same.

Doc