Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Internet Gambling > Internet Gambling
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 09-23-2005, 11:49 AM

Default How useful is Pokertracker?

I am considering using pokertracker and I would like to know how useful it really is to other twoplustwo members??
Old 09-23-2005, 12:09 PM

Default Re: How useful is Pokertracker?

Very useful, definitely worth it if you are gonna be playing poker seriously.
Old 09-23-2005, 12:10 PM

If your going to play seriously, it's not useful, it's essential.
Old 09-23-2005, 12:36 PM

[ QUOTE ]
If your going to play seriously, it's not useful, it's essential.

[/ QUOTE ]
Old 09-23-2005, 01:30 PM

how much is it? Link?
Old 09-23-2005, 02:07 PM

I too am wondering this. I play about 2500 hands a month, by 3 tabling about 15 hours a month - basically only under a bonus. I really don't think I would benefit from PokerTracker...I hardly ever sit with the same people at a table so it would only be useful in analysing my own play. Considering I only play 2500 hands a month any analysis PokerTRacker would give me would be statistically meaningless. I personally only think PT is useful if you are a pro and putting in 10,000 hands a month minimum.

For example...how many times am I going to have A/J suited in EP over those 2500 hands...like maybe 15 times??? Whatever history it has of a certain hand in a certain position will be useless due to the small sample size.
Old 09-23-2005, 03:13 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I really don't think I would benefit from PokerTracker

[/ QUOTE ]

You're wrong.

Even if you don't want to track your opponents (you should) and you don't want to track your own stats (you should), PT allows you to replay every hand, which is absolutely invaluable as a learning tool.
Old 09-23-2005, 03:53 PM

u can get a suprisingly good line on your opponents within about 25 hands, and have it dialed in within about 100.

I probably play fewer hands than you, but it is great just to track my own play.

I can look at my stats for each session, all HHs are saved so I can go back and review certain hands to see if I f'd them up or took a bad beat.

Within 4 months you will have a great DB for you own play. You won't have real win rates by hand, but you can see what you are playing well and what you are overplaying.

Only took me a few hundred hands to see I was playing ATo horribly.
Old 09-23-2005, 06:40 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I too am wondering this. I play about 2500 hands a month, by 3 tabling about 15 hours a month - basically only under a bonus. I really don't think I would benefit from PokerTracker...I hardly ever sit with the same people at a table so it would only be useful in analysing my own play. Considering I only play 2500 hands a month any analysis PokerTRacker would give me would be statistically meaningless. I personally only think PT is useful if you are a pro and putting in 10,000 hands a month minimum.

For example...how many times am I going to have A/J suited in EP over those 2500 hands...like maybe 15 times??? Whatever history it has of a certain hand in a certain position will be useless due to the small sample size.

[/ QUOTE ]

you'd probably be quite surprised how often you do sit with the same people, even if you give it a break for a month or two. Also, self-analysis need not be extensive to be profitable. Say you thought your VPI was low, and you discoverd you were at about 26%. That's not something you're likely to discover on your own.

PT is less valueable if you're playing fewer hands, but at a scant 50 bucks, I think it would clearly pay for itself in your case (unless of course you're playinig micro micro limits, then it may not be worht it).
Old 09-23-2005, 07:55 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

you'd probably be quite surprised how often you do sit with the same people, even if you give it a break for a month or two. Also, self-analysis need not be extensive to be profitable. Say you thought your VPI was low, and you discoverd you were at about 26%. That's not something you're likely to discover on your own.

PT is less valueable if you're playing fewer hands, but at a scant 50 bucks, I think it would clearly pay for itself in your case (unless of course you're playinig micro micro limits, then it may not be worht it).

[/ QUOTE ]

I play .5/1 and I am confident that when I sit down at a table I will be better than average. any site will give you your flops seen % and I'm consistently at 21% and I manually track my BB/100 win rate. These are the 2 stats I care most about. I don't need PT to tell me that playing A/10 off in early is not profitable.