Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Micro-Limits
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 10-18-2005, 01:02 PM

Default 2 6-max hands...

All players are loose-passive (as usual).

Hand 1

PokerStars 0.50/1.00 Hold'em (5 handed) FTR converter on zerodivide.cx

Preflop: Hero is BB with K[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img], K[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img].
<font color="#666666">3 folds</font>, Button calls, <font color="#CC3333">SB raises</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero 3-bets</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Button caps</font>, SB calls, Hero calls.

Flop: (12 SB) A[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], 5[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img], J[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">SB bets</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises</font>, Button calls, SB calls.

Turn: (9 BB) J[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
SB checks, Hero checks, Button checks.

River: (9 BB) 2[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">SB bets</font>, Hero calls, Button folds.

Final Pot: 11 BB

Anyone like my line here?

Hand 2

PokerStars 0.50/1.00 Hold'em (5 handed) FTR converter on zerodivide.cx

Preflop: Hero is UTG with J[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img], K[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img].
<font color="#CC3333">Hero raises</font>, MP calls, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, SB calls, BB calls.

Flop: (8 SB) 7[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img], Q[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img], K[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(4 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">SB bets</font>, BB calls, Hero calls, MP folds.

Turn: (5.50 BB) Q[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">SB bets</font>, BB calls, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises</font>, SB calls $1 (All-In), BB calls.

River: (11.50 BB) 7[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(3 players, 1 all-in)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">BB bets</font>, Hero ????

I felt lost in this hand...
Old 10-18-2005, 01:07 PM

Default Re: 2 6-max hands...

First hand:

Bet the turn and try to fold the button. If the SB calls check behind on the river.

Is folding the flop too weak tight? What about folding this river with another player who coldcalled 2 on the flop still to act?

Second hand:

Call. You could've been behind the whole way, and if not, he just caught up.
Old 10-18-2005, 01:12 PM

Hand 1 is just a more-complicated-than-usual variant of the beloved "I have KK and get donkbet when an A hits" situation. Folding the flop feels weak as hell, but you have two loose-passive opponents who raised and limp-reraised preflop, and SB doesn't seem scared of the A on board. Realistically I think there's very little chance that you're ahead and you're not folding anybody who holds TP.

I really don't like hand 2. Just raise the flop and go from there. I would want a stronger hand than this if I were going to slowplay.
Old 10-18-2005, 01:56 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Bet the turn and try to fold the button. If the SB calls check behind on the river.

[/ QUOTE ]

What are we trying to get button to fold? 2 hearts? Cuz he won't. If he happens to have a gutshot, which is unlikely considering the stopper cards you hold, 10-1 is not that bad, loose passsive players call for less. If he has a 5 he is no threat, as he is only drawing to 2 outs at this point. Just go ahead and assume that he isn't folding if he has an A or a J.

As far as the river goes, I think it is a fine call getting 10-1. Button doesn't seem willing to offer up any more opposition or he would have bet the turn.
Old 10-18-2005, 01:56 PM

You felt lost in the second hand because you didn't raise the Flop.

As far as the river, call because A-hgh bets this a lot.
Old 10-18-2005, 02:31 PM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

After a turn raise from someone else? I'm not sure about that. I usually only see A-high betting the river on 2-paired boards where no aggression was shown. Either way, your hand is still worth a call, but I don't expect it to be good very often.
Old 10-18-2005, 03:05 PM

[ QUOTE ]
You felt lost in the second hand because you didn't raise the Flop.

[/ QUOTE ]

I heart this
Old 10-18-2005, 03:12 PM

yeah i think i need discussion on hand #1 for my own sanity sake as i think this is an easy fold after getting bet into again after a preflop cap. i wouldn't care so much if it was Button, but by SB especially given LP read.
Old 10-18-2005, 03:30 PM

[ QUOTE ]
yeah i think i need discussion on hand #1 for my own sanity sake as i think this is an easy fold after getting bet into again after a preflop cap. i wouldn't care so much if it was Button, but by SB especially given LP read.

[/ QUOTE ]

I would agree with you IF SB was the one doing the capping. The capping here was done in such a donkish fashion that SB could possibly be compelled to assert his aggression with a big PP we beat, second pair with a decent gutshot, or even as low as KQ.I think this possibility, combined with the fact that the pot is fairly large, is decent enough excuse to take a stab on the cheap street. If we see anymore aggression after our raise its time to pack it in.

The turn is make or break time for this hand. If we had met with any aggression on the flop it would be fold time for us. Also, if anyone bets it's time to toss it.

On the river I don't think your pulling this in a whole lot, but more than 10%.
Old 10-18-2005, 03:37 PM

see i think the fact he WASN'T the one capping makes it more likely he has the Ace. but i'll have to agree the pot is big enough take a shot at it, but i'm interested in the plan for the just the flop if:

1. the preflop retard L/R 3-bets
2. we are 3-bet by SB

fold? call down?