Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > General Poker Discussion > Brick and Mortar
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 10-12-2005, 05:55 PM

Default Caesar\'s Indiana action?

I am thinking about going to Caesar's Indiana for the WSOP circuit deal coming up. Does anyone know whether a lot of people are anticipated? Also, what's the cardroom/hotel like? nice place or dump? Finally, and most importantly, how big is the side action? Will they spread holdem games 80/160 and bigger? Is that allowed in Indiana? thanks for all your responses

CMO
Old 10-12-2005, 09:46 PM

Default Re: Caesar\'s Indiana action?

To my knowledge there is not a limit on bet size in Indiana. Last week they pushed a player an $18,000 pot in the Pot Limit Omaha game and last night there was a 9 or 10 thousand dollar pot in the NL game.

It is my understanding they can spread as big a game as there are players to fill it.
Old 10-13-2005, 02:13 AM

First off, I am from Cincinnati, 100 miles north of Caesar's, and a regular a different room. So, all of this info (except the condition of the room itself) is 2nd and 3rd hand. But, FWIW:

The first tournament, $300 NL, is having registration capped at 750 and is anticipated to sell out. I haven't heard anything about the bigger events, but 750 on a Thursday in October seems like a lot. The cardroom is pretty dumpy . . . kinda like the 'Shoe in Tunica (only much larger). Of course, they are unveiling a brand new room during the tourney, so maybe they've made major improvements. The rooms are nice enough, and they have several restaurants on the property that are decent enough.

I'm wondering about the side action too. On the weekends, they are able to consistently spread 30/60 stud and 40/80 HE, sooooo . . . I don't think 80/160 is out of the question, especially as the tourney progresses.
Old 10-13-2005, 10:30 AM

You need to come down and see the new room. One third of the bottom level is now poker room, have our own deli and cage.

On the opposite end of the bottom level are tweleve tables more tables in the center where the pit used to be.
Old 10-13-2005, 10:52 AM

Is 750 players for the $300 buy-in event possible? Is there a cut-off?
Old 10-13-2005, 01:25 PM

It's been several months since I've been there. I just don't make it down from Indianapolis enough, I guess.

At one point, the room was against the far wall at the bottom of the stairs. Then they pushed the rail out 3 feet or so to expand the room, IIRC. Then they moved the room to the right of the stairs. You'd turn right at the bottom of the stairs, and there's a clear path to the end of the boat by the bathrooms, and all to the right of this is the poker room. To the left was slots/video poker/some table games.

If I'm understanding correctly, the poker room has expanded further than this?
Old 10-13-2005, 04:04 PM

when you wak into the first floor, everything on the right hand side is poker room. If you turn left the center bay on the other end has tables set up for tourneys.
Old 10-14-2005, 02:16 AM

750 is the most they can handle, and they are predicting that it will sell out. Tonight, I heard that they already had 300 people registered . . .

Michael
Old 10-14-2005, 02:26 AM

350 registered when I just called, and for some reason the lady said limited to 550, even though I have been told 750 numerous times.
Old 10-14-2005, 11:19 AM

I was there last night and was told 750 is the cut-off and about 300 openings exist.
BTW, the 10/20 h/l Omaha game is a good game. Love when player burns through two racks of red in 45 minutes. Too bad I could not catch any of it.