Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Medium-Stakes Pot-, No-Limit Hold'em
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 12-21-2005, 12:38 PM

Default squeezing two black aces under the gun

I raise the maximum to 30......I wouldnt dare try to limp re-raise in this spot tonight, i've only played two out of my last one hundred hands i'm playing so tight....okay, and i'm a little card dead, but, oh well. I get called in five places....I say a little prayer for my two black aces and ready myself for the flop...

10-7-7

One of those really good or really bad flops for two black aces I think to myself as I reach for two stacks of red chips, cutting one in half and leaving the other one twenty chips tall. $150 into a $150 pot I bet. I act like I could care less as each of the potential ace crackers folds around to the button who makes a smooth call of it. I peer at his remaining chips.....less than $100. We go heads up to the turn and as soon as I saw the red deuce I said "what you have left", and shoved a stack of red into the middle. He pauses for a split second, and then calls.

I knew he had me beat from his body language when he put the rest of his chips in, as if to say "thanks for doubling me up" and he flips up 10-10.

Okay, I still have one more shot at an ace, and at the very least it's a very small pot I've lost, but let's see if there's a river ace to bring some justice to this situation.

River case 10.

I mention something about his chips and two tens being good before the flop and implied odds under my breath.

Tex
Old 12-21-2005, 12:44 PM

Default Re: squeezing two black aces under the gun

Justice? The man asks for Justice? Git!
Old 12-21-2005, 01:53 PM

Default Re: squeezing two black aces under the gun

YOur supposed to show him your 77 on the turn and THEN tell us how he rivers the case T.