more than $10,000 10 15.63%
$7,500-$10,000 7 10.94%
$5,000-$7,500 6 9.38%
$2,500-$5,000 26 40.63%
$1,000-$2,500 10 15.63%
less than $1,000 5 7.81%
Voters: 64. You may not vote on this poll

Old 12-12-2005, 12:45 PM

Default Re: Which Star Wars Character was the best?

What aboot the one armed Bad Mothafawka who was last seen flying outta teh window?
Old 12-12-2005, 12:49 PM

Only thing great about him was the purple light sabor.... He wasnt an top warrior...
Old 12-12-2005, 12:52 PM

i'm kinda surprised after 30 votes sidious only has one. i voted vader...but sidious is the reason there ends up being a real battle between light & dark sides in the first place.
Old 12-12-2005, 12:56 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Only thing great about him was the purple light sabor.... He wasnt an top warrior...

[/ QUOTE ]

From what my uber star wars geek friends tell me he was supposed to be the best with a light saber. Before Lucas botched 3 movies.
Old 12-12-2005, 12:56 PM

Default Why darth vador?

Darth Vador is over-hyped. He never fought anyone real tough during his reign. He fought obi-won who chopped his legs off. Then in the rematch when Obi-won was old he won but what does that show? Then he fought Luke when he was inexperienced and chopped his hand off. But then lost the rematch. Darth Vador was a bad ass to say the least but Yoda would have took him out....
Old 12-12-2005, 12:58 PM

Default Re: Why darth vador?

Bar Bar Jinks
Old 12-12-2005, 01:00 PM

Me and my friends had this exact same debate over Thai a few weeks ago. We didnt qualify it as the best, but rather the most powerful Jedi. Yoda is awesome, but clearly not the strongest as Emporer Palpatine p3wns him hardcore. However, transitvely, Palpatine p3wns Luke, so it cant be Luke.

So Vader kills Palpatine, so it looks like Vader is the winner? But wait, here is where the debate began.

I said Obi-Wan was the most powerful, as he trained Anakin AND Luke, killed Maul, and royally [censored] up Anakin Skywalker.

However, when Obi-Wan faught Vader in Star Wars 4, he "lost". But did he? There are two interpretaions of Obi-Wan's capitulation. A fight with Vader would be long and drawn out, and Obi-Wan had to help Luke escape ASAP, so he decided to die and use his force talk from the grave powers. If he wanted to, he could p3wn Vader just like he p3wned Anakin.

My friend countered that no one can [censored] with Vader, he has too much hate and anger, and we all know the Dark Side is more powerful. He thinks Vader woulda destroyed Obi-Wan in the Jedi duel and Obi-Wan knew this, and expidited the process so that he could aid Luke in his escape.

What do YOU think?

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Huh [img]/images/graemlins/confused.gif[/img] He pwned Sidious and gave his face the 30 second Jedi makeover. If it wasn't for the brat interfering, Mace Whodo would have eliminated the need for Parts 4-6.

Your thread title and your poll are two different questions. Of course the answer to the thread title question is Han Solo, and (the cliche fits for once) it's not even close.

In terms of fighting ability/jedi skills I probably would give the nod to Obi Wan. In episodes 1-3 he defeats Darth Maul, General Grievous and Anakin in battles to the death, and when he finally dies (kinda) it's only because he stops fighting Darth Vader.

Swede
Old 12-12-2005, 01:01 PM

Default Re: Why darth vador?

[ QUOTE ]
Darth Vador is over-hyped. He never fought anyone real tough during his reign. He fought obi-won who chopped his legs off. Then in the rematch when Obi-won was old he won but what does that show? Then he fought Luke when he was inexperienced and chopped his hand off. But then lost the rematch. Darth Vador was a bad ass to say the least but Yoda would have took him out....

[/ QUOTE ]

No, Obi-Wan chopped Anakin's legs off, not Vader's. This is key to the debate.