Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes Pot-, No-Limit Hold'em
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 12-03-2005, 06:27 PM

Default 10/10

So I am running really hot at the tstone 100 max game I have the whole table covered combined. I have a gambling image and people always putting me on a hand that beat them since I've been hit so hard by the deck the last 18 hours and the whole poker room knows it. I have a little under 3k and theres only one stack semi- near me and he has about 1k rest of the stacks range from 30-300. UTG horrible player dropped 4 buyins in 20min since he sat down and that includs a 300$ pot he won being in PF with 35os rivering runner runner wheel against QQ and JJ. He lost all that quickly and has like 45$s and goes all in the dark PF UTG, UTG+2 pushes in his 150 and I have the other good stack behind me he has been gambling and been taking everyone elses money and giving a lot of it to me. I push and I didn't like it one bit or any of the other options given to me. What do you guys think is best small reraise? flat call? Fold?
Old 12-03-2005, 06:53 PM

Default Re: 10/10

Paragraphs are good. Isolation move is fine.
Old 12-03-2005, 07:02 PM

I am new to NL, but why not flat call? Nobody is getting odds to call behind you without a really strong hand. Why put in (effectively) 1K, where you are going to be a real big dog when your opponent picks up a big hand, and even other hands where he makes a questionable call (any two cards > 10) is not much of a mistake?

Plus, with a dry side pot to start with, there's less reason for him to try to bet you off the hand postflop unless he has something.
Old 12-03-2005, 09:05 PM

So, if I'm reading this right, you put in (effectively) 1K preflop with TT in a $100 buy-in game where the blinds are probably 1/2? I hope I didn't read that right. [img]/images/graemlins/confused.gif[/img] Fold, I think, is the answer to your inquiry.
-----
(of course, if you are on a heater, by all means, stick it in there. You'll probably suckout against UTG+1's JJ and MR. 1K-stack's AA). [img]/images/graemlins/tongue.gif[/img]
Old 12-04-2005, 02:30 AM

is it not slightly strange to have 30 times the max buyin? i think im either reading this wrong or you was playing roulette or something
Old 12-04-2005, 03:15 AM

it was quite umcommon to have that and I ran in upto 40 buyins in the session.
Old 12-04-2005, 12:55 PM

Is he looking to isolate as he's anticipating that the player behind him will also bet?
Old 12-04-2005, 12:58 PM

You don't flat call because your implied odds suck.

Fold here. Regardless of stack, etc., you're not strong enough pf to make this call.

1. You're hoping to spike a set or quads on the flop (7.5:1).

2. If you miss you're set, you're hoping to flop ALL unders. I don't remember which book has it, but I remember that the likelihood of flopping an overcard against Ts is pretty high.

3.Implied odds with pf raiser are done as he's pushed his stack, right? So in order to get good odds for this call (I gotta figure you're in some sort of race against AK or some such), you have to actually encourage play. I never like that move unless I'm extremely strong. TT just isn't strong enough.