Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > General Gambling > Sports Betting
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 11-06-2005, 08:57 AM

Default nfl week 9 picks 11/6

Total record: 20-18-1
Total units YTD: +2.2

Philly +3 (+110) (2 units)
Philly +155 - This is soon going to turn into a BSP-like pick with Owens out - "OMG Owens out holy crap back the truck up on washington omg omg omg" - Line was 3 before the news, line was 3 after the news. Andy Reid is 17-3 after a loss since 2000. He is also 35-10 in November/December including 3 throwaway losses at the end of seasons since 2000. I think the Eagles offense will look a lot different tonight, now that they dont have to risk a sideline/media blowup if they don't throw to Owens 138 times a game. The Eagles defense has been very back and forth this year, either fully clamped down and giving nothing up, or wide open and letting teams roll up 40. A trip to Washington against their fraudulent offense is just what the doctor ordered. "OMG OMG No Owens how do they score how can they win this game OMG unload on the Redskins!"

Chiefs/Raiders under 52 - Say with with me now "Chiefs UNDER!" - Chiefs back home, but with a dinged up Holmes - Larry Johnson will have to handle the carries today, and while he's a good back who can churn up the yards, without Holmes there the looks are a little different from the defense. Raiders playing their 2nd straight road game, a divisional rival game, in a very tough environment. This one has all the makings of a shootout, so I'm going under.

3 team teaser (+140)
Philly +10
Chargers/Jets over 33.5
Bengals/Ravens over 30

crossposted to my nfl picks page
Old 11-06-2005, 12:26 PM

Default Re: nfl week 9 picks 11/6

I disagree with your analysis of the philly game. The redskins will come to play tonight at home on ESPN and look to bounce back from last sundays flop against new york. For philly they are on the ropes. Donovan bummed up, TO suspended, and the fact that they cant run the football, at all, doesnt look good for a road win from the mean green flying machine. [img]/images/graemlins/cool.gif[/img]
Old 11-06-2005, 04:43 PM

Even though we have had our differences I must give you credit. The under on KC/OAk was fantastic. [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]
Old 11-06-2005, 04:55 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Even though we have had our differences I must give you credit. The under on KC/OAk was fantastic. [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]

[/ QUOTE ]

thanks but still lots of time left, game seems to be moving at a snails pace right now
Old 11-06-2005, 05:28 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Chiefs/Raiders under 52

3 team teaser (+140)
Philly +10
Chargers/Jets over 33.5
Bengals/Ravens over 30

[/ QUOTE ]

Chiefs 27, Raiders 23 (50) (22 points through 3 quarters, and then all hell broke loose - what a finish though, thought it was going to OT)

SD 31, Jets 26 (57)
Bengals 21, Ravens 9 (30)

3 team teaser now reverts to 2 team teaser at -130

Go Eagles, bring home the cash!!
Old 11-06-2005, 07:00 PM

[ QUOTE ]
(22 points through 3 quarters, and then all hell broke loose - what a finish though, thought it was going to OT)

[/ QUOTE ]

You and me both- I thought I'd dropped a unit. I'm glad Vermeill went for it rather than kick the figgie and risk a loss in sudden death.
Old 11-07-2005, 12:56 AM

first and last thoughts on the game:

the end of the first half debacle was absolutely inexcusable... maybe mcnabb should inform at least one teammate that he's going to try and be mr. sneaky next time

greg lewis caught the ball - feet, legs, hands - we finally find a guy who can catch the ball with his feet and get jerked on it

2nd and 4 with 2 time outs over a minute to go in the game and... nothing? why not run the ball on 2nd down here - why take a timeout to diagram the play where mcnabb throws to the wrong jersey

brian westbrook cant run the ball in between the tackles, but lamar gordon can - hint hint

these are play calls you wouldnt make in tecmo bowl

so many, TOO many opportunities tonight - this should have been an eagles win - when you have die hard redskins fans at the bar telling you 'we got away with one there' - yikes

ok donovan is a pocket passer and he's hurt, but he can still run the ball, it's okay d-mac... just a few yards, whenever you like

not having t.o. really didnt make too much difference, the playcalling/personnel was just terrible

so lets see thats -2 on the spread, -1 on the moneyline, tease worked out... so uhm... i'm so wasted lets see here... -3.... +0.9, +0.7

-1.4 on the day, whatever, i'll update the god damn website tomorrow

very disappointing loss, you cant watch that entire game and say otherwise, birds had so so so many opportunities, washington was playing not to lose

can we make a third down stop just ONE TIME, seriously

our run defense is hot, but tear lito sheppard a new one all day long, no problem

is it that tough to tackle someone? do the eagles still hold practice?

they should have won the game, no question, no qualms, no nada...

way too much lager, and i have to wait til monday to see them again - if they lose to dallas again im throwing something