Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Micro-Limits
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 10-24-2005, 05:22 PM

Default Re: pocket 10s multi pot

The first hand.
There are 7 people still in a very small pot!
Not 2 or 3. SEVEN
It's Party .5/1
I am almost certain someone out of this huge field is gonna call down with a Q. IMO the turn bet is not worth it
Old 10-24-2005, 05:24 PM

thank you thats what i was thinkin. but i wasnt sure cause it is .5/1 and i didnt want to give free cards.
Old 10-24-2005, 05:30 PM

I raise PF and check/fold the frop. Somebody will always have a weak Q and will not fold.
Old 10-24-2005, 05:42 PM

[ QUOTE ]
thank you thats what i was thinkin. but i wasnt sure cause it is .5/1 and i didnt want to give free cards.

[/ QUOTE ]

Along these same lines, this can help explain the rationale for raising preflop with TT.

Along with the gains you'll experience by 'taking control of the hand' you make it even more incorrect for the others in the hand to play things like Q7o (or whatever weak Queens we're fearing).

Also, I question the logic in going for 'overcalls' preflop on a loose table - if they're going to call, make them call two. They might just do it.
Old 10-24-2005, 05:49 PM

I'm not sure I follow up that flop with a turn bet. First, you have 2 of the T's so a hand like T9 is less likely. No one raised preflop so AK is less likely (and 98 can't call your flop bet profitably). There is no flush draw and you were called on the flop by 2 opponents with 2 broadways on the board. So you're basically hoping for something like AT, but with 2 opponents and 2 overcards it's very unlikely that both are on draws here.

I'd consider calling the river but not overcalling.
Old 10-24-2005, 06:56 PM

PF: Raise, the on the FLOP: Bet if there is noone or only one player left behind you.

FLOP AS PLAYED: Check looks good.

TURN AS PLAYED: Bet looks good. Now, I think you want to call the raise as you showed no strength preflop or on flop.
Old 10-24-2005, 07:03 PM

raise preflop, bet the flop, bet the turn, bet the river....bet, bet, bet.

sorry, did not see BB's turn c/r. Need reads here, but he might c/raised you because you checked all the way and he thought you are just trying to steal.
Old 10-24-2005, 07:37 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I raise PF and check/fold the frop. Somebody will always have a weak Q and will not fold.

[/ QUOTE ]

You don't make money this way. Have to bet the flop here if we raised preflop, a queen will not always be out there.
Old 10-24-2005, 07:51 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Just played this

Party Poker 0.50/1 Hold'em (6 handed) converter

Preflop: Hero is CO with T[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], T[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]. UTG posts a blind of $0.50.
UTG (poster) checks, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises</font>, <font color="#666666">2 folds</font>, BB calls, UTG calls.

Flop: (6.50 SB) Q[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img], 4[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], J[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
BB checks, UTG checks, <font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, BB calls, UTG calls.

Turn: (4.75 BB) 3[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
BB checks, UTG checks, <font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, BB calls, UTG calls.

River: (7.75 BB) 6[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
BB checks, UTG checks, Hero checks.

Final Pot: 7.75 BB

Results:
BB has Jc Ac (one pair, jacks).
UTG has As Ts (high card, ace).
Hero has Th Td (one pair, tens).
Outcome: BB wins 7.75 BB.

How often do you think that at least one out of seven people call down with a weak Q just to make the call profitable?

[/ QUOTE ]

nh, I play it the same
Old 10-24-2005, 09:33 PM

Would anyone like to explain to me why we aren't betting this flop? The pot isn't EXTREMELY small and we have a pair higher than second pair. Wouldn't you bet in this spot if you had A9s? No one has showed strength so far, why is everyone assuming someone has a queen?