Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Internet Gambling > Internet Gambling
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 10-15-2005, 04:52 PM

Default Potential IGM-PAY Security Hole?

My roommate *cough* was creating a Party acount yesterday and he noticed something weird--when you are registering a bank with IGM to deposit with, they now have a new option where you can fax or scan in a check with your bank/routing numbers on it to be able to fund your account within thirty minutes. Then they go on to say that if you don't have access to a fax or scanner that you can do it the old fashioned way and check for the amounts of the two deposits they make on your bank statement.

Well, this seems like a bad idea to me, because couldn't anybody with my or somebody elses check create false accounts, fund them, dump the money, and run? It seems like that would be way too easy. At least with the old fashioned verification method required account statement access...
Old 10-15-2005, 07:06 PM

Default Re: Potential IGM-PAY Security Hole?

the info on the checks need to match the poker account info exactly. also the checks need to be void, therefore if a check has been used already, i would assume they would not accept it.
Old 10-16-2005, 03:06 PM

[ QUOTE ]
the info on the checks need to match the poker account info exactly. also the checks need to be void, therefore if a check has been used already, i would assume they would not accept it.

[/ QUOTE ]

Photoshop? Just a thought. That does sound like a bad idea to me. I wish they would require the deposit verification, personally. Of course, I'm not too concerned that someone will do this with one of my checks, but it still seems possible.
Old 10-16-2005, 03:19 PM

yeah, photoshoping it really would not be hard at all, especially since they let u email a picture of the check.

thru some glitch when i signed up for party, i never got the deposits but my account registered fine. the down side being that when i went to register imgpay for empire and multi, i HAD to do the thing with the check because i never go the deposits. still pissed that i didn'r get my free 70 cents or whatever it would have been. my only guess for y i didn't get the deposits is because i made my first deposit with firepay, which was linked to the the same account that i was trying to link imgpay to for my withdrawl.