Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes Pot-, No-Limit Hold'em
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 07-19-2005, 08:57 PM

Default Re: 89s in multi-way raised pot

Well I pushed and here's why. When the action gets to me there is ~$45 in the pot, but since most of my outs are dirty I can't call. Folding seems weak with such a nice pot developing, so I decide if I can push out the flush draw than I am probably at worst looking at a coinflip. Here is my interpretaion of the flop action, the intitial bet meant nothing to me, this guy would bet with alot of hands including a flush draw,TP,BP,str8 draw, or even nothing. The minraise says flush draw,TP, or some other weak hand that can be forced out. The cold caller I'm not too sure, maybe something like KQ maybe a str8 draw or a monster. I felt if I could get the 1st villian to lay it down the others would very likely fold as well. Unfortunately my read was off and villian had a hand he couldn't/shouldn't lay down K[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img],J[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]. He took his entire time bank before calling so I'm fairly sure he lays down A[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img],X[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]. Due to the enormous size of the pot 2cd villian also called with TPTK, cold caller mucked(with 300BB's in the pot). Turn and river are blanks and TP takes it down. I really believe if villian isn't holding specifically K[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img],J[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] I win this pot, so I still believe this was a reasonable line to take. Not to mention it's great for Shania. JMO
Old 07-19-2005, 09:03 PM

Default Re: 89s in multi-way raised pot

[ QUOTE ]
fold. the bet was the nut flush draw, the raise was at least top pair, the cold-caller was a straight draw. too many of your outs are counterfeited and you have the low end of all the draws.

[/ QUOTE ]

The more I look at that, the more I think this is the correct play.