Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes Pot-, No-Limit Hold'em
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 06-24-2005, 06:07 PM

Default Re: Chip spewing or good aggressive play?

[ QUOTE ]
I was shocked, SHOCKED the first time I looked at my poker tracker stats and found out that AQo was my biggest loser. I'm only treading water over the last 5000 hands, so take my ramblings with a 1000 mg salt pill... .

[/ QUOTE ]

I don't think your sample size is large enough to determine whether or not specific hands are profitable. AQo is one of my better winners as is AJs.

[ QUOTE ]

In this situation, I think you let your ego get ahead of your cards.

[/ QUOTE ]

perhaps.

[ QUOTE ]

Your dream was the runner runner nut flush, or some sort of overcard draw. Reality was that this guy was way ahead postflop.

[/ QUOTE ]

He was very marginally ahead on the flop, he picked up a great draw on the turn.

[ QUOTE ]

His strategy is "no free cards," and it can crush, CRUSH someone who is tight-agressive. He's looking to get any measly pair against overcards, and then play fast post-flop.

[/ QUOTE ]

His strategy is actually raise pf,bet flop,bet turn, check river regardless of his holdings.

[ QUOTE ]

The fact that you're so tight pre-flop might be making you want to play most loosely post-flop, and blinds you to the reality of your meager Ace high holding.

[/ QUOTE ]

My hand is much better than just A high. Any diamond,Ace, or 9 gives me the win.

I wrote up a little something also, It says:

AGGRESSION
AGGRESSION
AGGRESSION
Old 06-24-2005, 06:13 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Hero checks, <font color="#CC3333">MP3 bets $6.5</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises to $42.5</font>

[/ QUOTE ]

I could be very wrong here, but I doubt you do this with a good hand.
Old 06-24-2005, 06:17 PM

No offense, bro, but this really was awful.
Old 06-24-2005, 06:29 PM

you did push the turn - i must stop reading the boards at work..

but he bets into a co-ordinated flop with top pair, and you just call him - so he puts you on a draw when you push all in on turn - he has open str8 draw and 2nd pair - he probably correctly put you on flush draw - did he play so badly in calling?

pretty standard at these limits i would say
Old 06-24-2005, 08:38 PM

I never said I thought villian made a bad call, in fact I think it was a great call . He said he put me on overs, so his read was half correct. Given his read and his cards I would call also. That wasn't my question though. Given his range of hands(ATC) do you think this was a good spot to try and pick up the pot? Try to keep in mind that probably ~90% of the time villian will have absolutely nothing or close to it and will fold.
Old 06-24-2005, 08:41 PM

Thank you for the elaborate insight.
Old 06-24-2005, 08:44 PM

this board looks like it just nails a ton of the hands in this dudes range. I think you gotta check fold the flop. if you're gonna get crazy I would probably call the flop and then bet the turn, the check raised turn is a bluff and a half. But like I said this is not the board with this opponent to get blindly aggressive with.
Old 06-24-2005, 08:45 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Hero checks, <font color="#CC3333">MP3 bets $6.5</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises to $42.5</font>

[/ QUOTE ]

I could be very wrong here, but I doubt you do this with a good hand.

[/ QUOTE ]

Herein lies the problem I believe. You're right I would very rarely play a big hand this way, unless I was sure villian had a monster 2cd best hand. I believe this and the fact that the pot wasn't big enough to push without it being a large overbet were the 2 biggest problems with this play. Thank you.