Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Mid-, High-Stakes Pot- and No-Limit Hold'em
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 06-01-2005, 11:24 AM

Default Re: party 2000NL: blind war: TP2K

Is villain laggy enough to open 89s there? That might be a stretch.
Old 06-01-2005, 11:29 AM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

yes, and worse.
Old 06-01-2005, 12:05 PM

OOOOO How I HATE HATE HATE A Q!!!!!!!
Old 06-01-2005, 12:32 PM

yes, and worse.

I still don't see what the point is when she's at least reasonable in post flop play and you said she's running hot. The second part I don't care about much, but in general why would you want to play a big pot against her with this hand? Cause that's what you did by reraising her PF...

And if you're okay with doing so - i.e. You think you can kill her post flop with a hand like this on a board like that - how is this not an automatic all in for you?

I still don't like it and probably fold after that flop, but personally I wouldn't have let it come to that. I'd have called her PF raise and then just cold called her all the way down, letting her bluff off bits and pieces to me. Maybe I'd raise the flop and take the lead, then defensively bet on the turn and check the river. Either way I wouldn't want to be playing this pot for more than $500 or $600.

alinda12 a 37/22/3 (LAGish) opens to 60 from the SB, which is standard for her.

i call 60 with AQo, pot = $120.

flop: A 10 7r
She bets $100, I raise to $250

Makes every decision afterward a piece of cake.

- C -
Old 06-01-2005, 12:44 PM

[ QUOTE ]

yes, and worse.

I still don't see what the point is when she's at least reasonable in post flop play and you said she's running hot. The second part I don't care about much, but in general why would you want to play a big pot against her with this hand? Cause that's what you did by reraising her PF...

[/ QUOTE ]

If she's raising 75% of her SBs then you have to come over the top preflop sometimes. AQ is a pretty good hand to do this with IMO.
Old 06-01-2005, 01:53 PM

Has she been auto stealing your BB from the SB when everyone folds?
Old 06-01-2005, 01:59 PM

If she's so aggro then why not just call PF with position with AQ. You can, from there, control the tempo of the hand and also let her think her A2-AJ is good if she doesn't hit two pair. I think this is the type of pot you'd rather play with AQ and I think it's the way to get paid most effectively without committing too much money.
Old 06-01-2005, 02:05 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Has she been auto stealing your BB from the SB when everyone folds?

[/ QUOTE ]

yes
Old 06-01-2005, 02:33 PM

I strongly believe that raising the minraise would be the best play in this case, then you can fold to a raise, or if she calls, dont put another dollar into it. Considering how Laggy she is, I dont see a problem with reraising pf with AQ at all, i think it is much better than calling because, it would prevent her from stealing you big blind and also it would represent a big hand, which it does quite clearly in this case. Obviously she doesnt call your flop re-reraise with a worse hand, but it could very well be the cheapest way to find out. If you let her take the lead, you will most likely face an all in by the river.
Old 06-01-2005, 02:59 PM

Assuming you have 2k stacks, I really dont like the reraise here. I just dont get why you'd let this person get away from a worse ace, and why you'd invite so much action with a mediocre hand.

I vote for calling the turn. Often times if she was bluffing or even if she has a bad ace she'll give up on the river.

A thought, I really rarely reraise here with any hands when I am in the interest of keeping madam Shania happy. It's just my style I guess. But I suppose if you'll get called by worse hands due to your image you could pull off this move.

On the river just go with your gut if you end up calling. Advice that involves judging your river decision based on a bet size (against respectable no limit players) is faulty.

-Jason