Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Internet Gambling > Software
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 05-14-2005, 05:30 PM

Default Re: New NL Full Ring Autorates

Anyone know where I can find some NL 6-max rules?

Thanks
Old 05-15-2005, 05:39 AM

if someone wants to supply me with a large (60K hands+) 6-max $50 NL Party DB (mostly generated since the stack size changes) I should be able to tweak 5-6 handed exactly in line with 7-10 handed..
Old 05-15-2005, 11:02 AM

Default Re: jayboo

I keep separate databases for no-limit and limit, and use separate rules for each (excession's rules for no-limit and the rules from the for-pay PT guide for limit). PT works fine when you do this, but there's a small bug: the icon descriptions that you see in PT (and GameTime and PlayerView) will match those of the last database for which you ran the auto-rate process. Because I want to see the icon descriptions match, it's a small pain to have to run auto-rate every time I switch games. I've reported this in the PT forum. For those who use two rulesets but don't care about this, no big deal -- the rulesets themselves will function properly.

More on topic, I love these new rules from excession, and have learned a lot reading through his documentation. But after a week of using the rules, I just can't get used to some of the icon choices -- in other rulesets I've used, moneybags means good player and dice means (probably) bad player. For this ruleset, I may switch the icons for slightly loose aggressive and the over 55% categories. To me, these make more sense intuitively.
Old 05-16-2005, 06:20 AM

love the work .. nice article and great rules... comments to come..
Old 05-16-2005, 07:37 AM

There, now i have read it once more.

I think you are right on. Earlier, before the days of the bisonbison filters, i worked on a filter of my own and tried to add the features you have been focusing on as WtSD and W$SD, but as you say its hard to as they dont fit in the 15 categories if you supposedly have the three categoires (vpip, PF, AF) already.

Later GT+ came along so the autorate filter was not that important, so the common filter + GT+ did the works for me.

Even so you have good points there.... nice article...
Old 05-16-2005, 03:12 PM

I would also be interested in a NL 6 Max AutoRate file. I do not have a DB with that many NL 6 max hands so I cant be of much help at the moment, but I would love to see one. Thanks for all the hard work you have put into your rules!
Old 05-17-2005, 04:21 PM

<font class="small">Code:</font><hr /><pre>
18 1 0.10 Aggression Factor - River is greater than 0.10
17 1 0.10 Aggression Factor - Turn is greater than 0.10 </pre><hr />

Aren't these turn and river aggression factor requirements extremely low? Someone that calls 8x more than they bet/raise would be classified as aggressive.

<font class="small">Code:</font><hr /><pre> Vol. Put Money In Pot % is between 35.00 and 99.00</pre><hr />

What about 100? Why not greater than 35?
Old 05-17-2005, 05:14 PM

the UA's check aggression on each street, TA just checks the flop - the .1 is just to make sure that folks who have zero rating on turn and river ( don't have enough hands there) fall into TN/unknown

the ignoring 100% Vp$iP has the same idea - to avoid rating those with only a few hands played, although of course if you rate after 20+ hands like most folks this won't be relevant
Old 05-17-2005, 06:00 PM

Unless I completely missed it, why are you only checking the aggression on the flop? Why not Aggression Total?
Old 05-17-2005, 06:11 PM

[ QUOTE ]
the .1 is just to make sure that folks who have zero rating on turn and river ( don't have enough hands there) fall into TN/unknown

[/ QUOTE ]

Makes sense. Not convinced about the .1 AF requirement though [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

In my mind, someone with an uber-low AF (&lt; .5 maybe) on the turn or river has not played aggressive enough to be labeled aggressive. A bet or raise on these streets by this player should scare me, and if they are labeled aggressive, I'm not going to have that reaction.