Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Internet Gambling > Software
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 04-09-2005, 04:01 PM

Default Free PT Guide series - new instalment up

a new instalment is just up -on reviewing sessions and spotting tilt...

http://www.bet-the-pot.com/poker-tra...ib-page84.html

feedback welcome as always..
Old 04-10-2005, 05:49 AM

Default Re: Free PT Guide series - new instalment up

I think if you took screen shots of every single step you list when you say to do something, made it a PDF with some expensive copy protection, and sold it for $20 you could make a lot of money.

Seriously, though, this is the kind of stuff that is really useful. Keep up the good work! I'd make a suggestion but have no idea what else you can do with pokertracker that would be as useful as what you'll come up with next.
Old 04-10-2005, 11:43 AM

I think if you took screen shots of every single step you list when you say to do something, made it a PDF with some expensive copy protection, and sold it for $20 you could make a lot of money.

LOL - I take it that you don't rate the paid for guide then? ;

I haven't read it myself but to be fair the view seems to be that it's more or less worth the money if a little padded..($20 is pretty insignificant to most players using PT and just getting a couple of useful tips out of it would make it decent value).

My only reservation is whether the writers of PT get some sort of royalty from these guys making money out of their user base - it's not like they are MS or sthg.. the PT community has been pretty altrustic with free add-ons so far - for example both GT+ and PV are free and they really are worth their weight in gold.. some guy is charging $10 for a new Pacific handgrabber but that is kinda different as I can see that that will encourage players from Pacific to come and buy the PT product thus benefiting the community as a whole - in contrast producing a paid for guide that is useless unless you have PT seems less obviously beneficial to me..

Still Pat does link their guide on the official forums so it looks like he's happy enough with the situation.. maybe he is getting a royalty after all..
Old 04-10-2005, 08:57 PM

[ QUOTE ]
LOL - I take it that you don't rate the paid for guide then? ;

I haven't read it myself but to be fair the view seems to be that it's more or less worth the money if a little padded..($20 is pretty insignificant to most players using PT and just getting a couple of useful tips out of it would make it decent value).

[/ QUOTE ]

Well, having a whole page with one line of text and a screen shot that tells you how to sort by net win is what I would call padding...

My only problem with it is that $20 is insignificant to most poker players who know what they're doing, and I would assume that most of those people know how to use a computer.
It does give a few good hints, but your guides provide just as much if not more, albeit for NL rather than FL. Keep up the good work, it's really appreciated.