Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes Pot-, No-Limit Hold'em

Old 12-30-2005, 01:46 PM

Default Re: Keep losing with AA. Do you like the fold?

I think that OP is outhinking himself on this hand. I very much doubt that villian has a set most of the time. You're giving way too much credit to you typical SSNL donk. The overbet of the pot post flop seems to have "I have top pair and I need to protect it" written all over it.
Old 12-30-2005, 02:21 PM

Another reason to call here is for your mental health. If you fold, and he shows you JJ, how will you handle that mentally. Alot of poeple would tilt, and possibly cost themselves more than just calling and losing to TT.
Old 12-30-2005, 02:28 PM

When I first read this I thought you were joking, after reading your other posts I realize you're not. You can't really believe this is a good fold? Keep in mind this is SSNL and villian will have overcards,TP, or some other nonsense as often as he'll have the set. JMO
Old 12-30-2005, 03:26 PM

i'm not folding here.
Old 12-31-2005, 07:36 PM

Great, let me conclude this thread.

I donked.

Here's why :

1) I have very few NL experience. Around 1000 hands, no more.

2) I didn't pay attention to stacks, due to lack of experience. I really put villain on TT right from start. Made a raise on flop to confirm my thoughts planing to fold to a reraise being now convinced he has TT. I folded because I was sure to be beaten (giving a lot of credit to villain tho..), didn't notice while playing the hand that it was only 4-5$ more (became blind after being sure that I was beaten) and also because I've been stacked with every single AA hand so far and was like : Not this time! All this reasoning resulted poor play.

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
But still, do you like the fold?

[/ QUOTE ]
is not the question. The question is, wtf are you doing here:

[ QUOTE ]
Flop: ($2.45) 8[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img], 4[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img], T[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">MP2 bets $3</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises to $9</font>, MP2 calls $13.92 (All-In), Hero folds.

[/ QUOTE ]
if you're going to fold to a push of $5 more?!?!

Don't pat yourself on the back for your all-star fold; take a look at how you ended up in such a bad spot.

[/ QUOTE ]

Thanks for being rude and straightforward with me, honnestly, I'll remember the lesson for sure [img]/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img]

Thanks for those who made the math out of this. What seems like a desperate situation is very reasonably still +EV for a call, which wasn't that obvious for me.

Wow, I like this forum... thanks.

.fs.
Old 12-31-2005, 07:57 PM

This fold seems to be costly. There is $28.37 in the pot, costing you $4.92 to call his all-in bet. Your odds, 5.8-1 should be strong enough to warrant a call. This flop, consisting of rainbow low cards, requires an immediate call.