Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > 2+2 Communities > Other Other Topics

Old 12-28-2005, 11:55 PM

Default Re: l4yer cake

yea what's the deal with Matthew Vaughn and the tie ins that they're not shy about mentioning....
Old 12-28-2005, 11:58 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
I think both Lock Stock and Snatch are much much better than Layer Cake. Snatch is one of my favorite movies. I barely liked Layer Cake.

[/ QUOTE ]

Lock Stock: agree
Snatch: strongly disagree. Snatch was a very poor man's Lock Stock and if it wasn't for Brad Pitt's gypsy character, it would be entirely forgettable.

Lock Stock > Layer Cake > Snatch

[/ QUOTE ]

Everyone who saw Lock Stock first prefers it, everyone who saw Snatch first prefers Snatch. I've never met someone who broke this pattern.
Old 12-29-2005, 12:05 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
I think both Lock Stock and Snatch are much much better than Layer Cake. Snatch is one of my favorite movies. I barely liked Layer Cake.

[/ QUOTE ]

Snatch: strongly disagree. Snatch was a very poor man's Lock Stock and if it wasn't for Brad Pitt's gypsy character, it would be entirely forgettable.

[/ QUOTE ]

Everyone who saw Lock Stock first prefers it, everyone who saw Snatch first prefers Snatch. I've never met someone who broke this pattern.

[/ QUOTE ]

perhaps, but the reason that i dislike Snatch is because it seems like a weak retread of themes Lock Stock already explored and since Lock Stock was filmed first, it was the movie that influenced/inspired Snatch, not the other way around.
Old 12-29-2005, 12:13 AM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]
I follow this trend as well.
Old 12-29-2005, 12:14 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

paluka = wise

they don't call him the meddling mage for nothing
Old 12-29-2005, 12:17 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

paluka = wise

they don't call him the meddling mage for nothing

[/ QUOTE ]

this is true...i saw Snatch first and thought it was better...since then i've seen Lock, Stock and that's a damn good movie...hard to say which is "better"...
Old 12-29-2005, 12:24 AM

btw, I thought it was typically [censored] how they used Sienna Miller for about 2 minutes and yet advertised her as "in the movie"...although what should I really be expecting...

/nooob
Old 12-29-2005, 12:43 AM

[ QUOTE ]
btw, have any of you seen the Mean Machine? None of my friends have seen it and I'm wondering if its that rare or what...

[/ QUOTE ]

I own it. I found it at borders, its a little hard to find, but its the best of all of the Longest yard movies(including teh original with burt reynolds)
Old 12-29-2005, 12:44 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Hi, I'm breaking the trend. I'm KDawg(Keith)
Old 12-29-2005, 12:50 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Both Lock, Stock, and Two Smoking Barrels & Snatch were good and I believe this is directed by the same guy. Might have to pick it up.

[/ QUOTE ]

No, this is the producer of those, directing for the first time.