Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Tournament Poker > One-table Tournaments
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 12-12-2005, 04:37 PM

Default OT: 10 hands of home poker (trip report, long)

So I'm running late and I don't manage to get to the poker game until 8:40. But everyone else was late too (not as late as me) so they had only been playing for about 20 minutes when I got there. The game is $.05/$.10 NLHE, NL10.

The button is Seat 1 when I get there, and I will be sitting in Seat 4. We are playing 5 handed, so I sit out a hand.

Hand 1: I have 64o in the BB. Seat 1 limps, Seat 2 folds, Seat 3 completes and I check. Flop KK4, Seat 1 checks I beat a quarter they both fold and I show my 4. Always a good sign to win your first pot.

Hand 2: I'm now UTG, and I have T[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]T[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]. I raise $.40 (standard raise for this bunch, and both blinds call. Flop 977rb, SB leads out .20, BB calls, I say "let's get this party started right now" and make it a dollar. They both fold. SB says he folded a 9, yeah right. I show my 22nd nuts.

Hand 3: I've got J7o in the BB. Seat 1 raises $.40, Seat 3 SB calls and normally I would call in this game because I can take down most pots with aggression but Seat 1 normally plays tight so I decide to let this one go. SB checks dark like he always does. Flop T98rb (). Seat 1 leads $.50, Seat 3 starts going "you don't want any part of this, you should just fold right now!!" Seat 1 is like, "wait, so you think I should fold to your obvious bluff?!?!?" Seat 3: "You think I'm bluffing?" and starts laughing, and slaps me 5. Seat 1 is like "screw it, I call." Turn is an ace and Seat 3 leads out $2, Seat 1 is like well crap "I hate playing pots with you out of position!!" (we'll come back to this), and thinks forever, finally folding his KT face up." SB is kind enough to show his AT. So now I'm all depressed cuz I would have won a huge pot off these monkeys.

Hand 4: I'm in the CO. Seat 3 limps blind, I make it $.40 with hooks. SB calls, BB folds CO calls. Flop QJx w/2 spades, SB leads $.75, UTG calls. Now I know SB has a queen and UTG has a flush draw so I make it $2.50, knowing the queen will call and the flush draw will fold (yay reads). SB calls. Turn is a queen (yahtzee!) and he checks to me (double yahtzee!) I lead $3, SB pushes and briefly consider QJ before calling, he shows KQ and whiffs the river. Double up in less than 10 hands. You may start to notice the lack of action by Seat 2 and Seat 5 so far, they liked to fold a lot.

Hand 5: Ok I'm starting to get pissed that Seat 1 is betting every single flop that's checked to him so I decide to send him a little message. So he limps in the CO, Seat 3 completes and I rap with T[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]7[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]. Flop K9x w/2[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]s and 1[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img], SB checks I check, Seat 1 bets a quarter (surprise!) Seat 3 folds (that actually is a surprise), and I checkraise to $.75. Seat 3 thinks and calls. River is a low spade, I lead $1.50, and Seat three thinks forever and folds a King face up (!!!). During the rest of the hand the rest of the table is involved with a dicussion about Seat 2's birthday party tomorrow and they don't notice me showing Seat 1 my hand. Ahhh tilting players are fun. <font color="white">(profitable)</font>

Hand 6: Seat 5 limps UTG, CO limps, Button makes it $.20, SB calls, I look down and see J6o and think "[censored] it, I'm not folding anything here", everyone calls. Flop AQTrb, checks around ( [img]/images/graemlins/confused.gif[/img]). Turn is a 4, checks around ( [img]/images/graemlins/confused.gif[/img] !?!?!?). River is a 7 or something, it check around again. SB shows 65, I proudly show my nut no pair, thinking it might actually be good? CO mucks, Button shows 54 (damn), and the button shows 99. "I guess I win!" he laughs.

Hand 7: I fold 43o UTG, Seat 5 raises to $.30 (!!!) Seat 1 folds, Seat 2 calls (!!!) Seat 3 calls. Flop AJA and the SB leads out $.10 (he has an ace). I make some comment about how I would have been drawing dead had I stayed in the hand, Seat 1 says "yeah I would have been 2". Seat 3 looks disgusted and calls, Seat 5 calls (he has any pair any draw). Turn is a 9, Seat 2 bets $.20 (definitely an ace), Seat 3 looks even more disgusted and calls, Seat 5 thinks for ever and calls (ok he has the case ace, you're [censored]ing brilliant). River is a 6, and I'm waiting for the fireworks to start. Seat 2 leads out $.50, Seat 3 finally folds, Seat 5 makes it $2, Seat 2 makes it $4, Seat 5 immediately pushes (ok I'm expecting boatage now), Seat 2 immediately calls and Seat 5 looks all excited "what do you have?!?" Seat 2 turns over A[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]7[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] and seat 5 goes "[CENSORED]!!!!!" and slams his A7o angrily down on the table. "I had you all trapped too!" I note that neither of their kickers play anyway, and that I was correct I was in fact drawing basically dead on the flop.

Hand 8: I fold UTG Seat 1 raises to $.40, Seat 2 calls and Seat 3 folds. Flop A35rb, SB checks and calls a $.50 bet from Seat 1. Turn is a king, check check. River is a 2, SB bets $.50, Seat 1 raises half SB's stack (he has a 4) (LAG unless facing aggression, if he continues he has it) SB says "oh well I guess I was going home soon anyway" (what a good reason to push) so he does, and Button calls immediately showing 54. SB mucks and bids his farewell. (I guess he had like 88 or something).

Hand 9: Seat 1 raises Button $.40, and I look down and see A[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]2[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]. I hate playing crap aces out of position but I'm crushing his range so I call. I know he will bet every flop so I check dark, and plan to reevaluate based on the board and his demeanor. Flop 9[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]6[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]4[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img], he bets out $.50 I make it $2 he immediately pushes. I count pot, I make him count his stack, it looks like he has exactly $9 more. Well crap, this is acually an interesting situation because if my aces are clean I can actually call (+EV $.94 against black queens) I think forever and think about the bluff I showed earlier, but despite the crazy way he's playing I really doubt he's bluffing here. But I should still call against an overpair. But if all I have are diamond outs I should fold. Argh, I'm really torn over this one, and against his likely range this is close because of the dead money. I decide I don't feel like gambooooooooooling with him tonight, because this decision is soo very close and he's playing way too LAGgy for me to take such a close situation. I fold face up so he knows what I was aHe doesn't show. <font color="white">(a few hands later he admits he had 64 w/no diamond so my aces weren't clean, I'm glad I folded)</font>

Hand 10: Seat 3 raises UTG, I look down and see 7[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] 5[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img], I look left and see Seat 1 reaching for chips to call in the BB so I call too. Flop 964[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img][img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img][img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] (yahtzee!). Seat 1 leads $.75, Seat 3 thinks and calls. I say "I raise". Seat 1 immediately says "I call" and Seat 3 folds. I say "But I haven't even said how much I'm raising yet!". Seat 1 says "I don't care how much it is, I'm calling whatever your raise is". Well, normally he's a lot more subdued with nuttish hands so there's no way he has a bigger flush. I'm thinking pair &amp; a big club (A[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]9x type hand), so I'm glad to get all the chips in.. so I say "fine, I'm all in!" for an effective raise of about $16 into a $2.70 pot. He says "I still call!" And proudly shows his A[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]4x. Turn is a 4 and the river blanks off. He says "well, you probably would have gotten all my chips anyway since I paired the turn.

Net results: about 100 minutes of live poker, +280 BB. Yutzes.
Old 12-12-2005, 05:58 PM

Default Re: OT: 10 hands of home poker (trip report, long)

I decided after Hand 2 that this was tl;dr.
Old 12-12-2005, 06:00 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I decided after Hand 2 that this was tl;dr.

[/ QUOTE ]

There are actually some vaguely interesting hands in here, I realized after I posted it that it was tl;dr, oh well.
Old 12-12-2005, 06:15 PM

You are Pimp Magnificent I, sir.

I would call with A2s if you're gonna rebuy&amp;stay &amp; if the LAG will also stay. Otherwise I would fold. With stacks like you described I might also lead out on flop so I can 3-bet all-in.
Old 12-12-2005, 06:39 PM

[ QUOTE ]

I would call with A2s if you're gonna rebuy&amp;stay &amp; if the LAG will also stay. Otherwise I would fold. With stacks like you described I might also lead out on flop so I can 3-bet all-in.

[/ QUOTE ]

Yeah, but remember I checked dark [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]
Old 12-12-2005, 06:44 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Yeah, but remember I checked dark [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

[/ QUOTE ]

Ah yes, of course, the brilliant dark-check.