Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > 2+2 Communities > Other Other Topics

View Poll Results: WCOOP Event #9 ($300+$20 Limit Stud, Monday 9/12, 3pm EST)
>600 4 19.05%
500-600 5 23.81%
300-400 8 38.10%
<300 4 19.05%
Voters: 21. You may not vote on this poll

Old 12-07-2005, 01:15 PM

Default Re: Best Old School Video Game of All Time; Round of 32

[ QUOTE ]
I realise this has been mentioned before but I'm going to harp on it again... This is NOT and "Old School" poll, it's more like "Middle School". It'd be like doing a "Classic Rock" poll and starting with Nirvana...

[/ QUOTE ]

not so, the game industry as we know it today should really be considered after the fall of the atari (think E.T.) because of the different dynamics and such. The only exception is arcade gaming, which is neither console nor computer, and therefore would be discounted.
Old 12-07-2005, 09:05 PM

Default Re: Best Old School Video Game of All Time; Round of 32

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

super mario kart best overall i think

[/ QUOTE ]

Forgive me for speaking so bluntly sir, but that pick makes me want to puke my guts out.

Obviously it was a great game, but you went to nintendo competitions and THIS is your favorite game on the list? Are you mad?

[/ QUOTE ]

i am definitely biased towards multiplayer games as that is all i play nowadays, plus they had so much more replay value and good memories compared to single player games. super mario kart had such premium on turning skills combined with fighting abilities in-race, that i just remember lots of great battles against friends. there were more unexpected outcomes in mario kart than others on the list, and that's what i come to associate great games with nowadays. doom would be in my top five also, for multiplayer reasons.

i mean the disappearing blocks over lava level in mega man 2, that was a lot of fun to beat, but it had to do with repitition and planning, and i may have only done it once before i was satisfied.

mario kart 64 was a great game but i didn't play it as much as the original. you're right there were a lot of big improvements, especially graphically. i am biased against all games in those later platforms due to the joystick controllers. you make me rethink my pick though - in truth it is hard to say which of these is my favorite...

actually i may have enjoyed fzero more than either mario kart...