Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > General Gambling > Psychology

Old 12-05-2005, 02:35 PM

Default Re: How do I tell my parents I\'m not happy...

Consider writing all of the confusion down. YOu are a very good writer, and it may help you to clear your head.
See a councellor as well. Your writing may help him/her to discuss your situation with a better understanding of YOU.
Old 12-05-2005, 05:01 PM

To the OP..I know exactaly how you feel. I'm also 21 and in my 4th year of college and still feel like I have no direction and I have no idea what I want to do for a career. I'm commuting to college and live at home with my parents and have talked to them about this many many times. The truth is that they really don't have much advice other than to stick with school. I can't really blame them for not having any useful advice. They both help me financially too and if it weren't for them I don't know what the hell I would be doing now, possibly not going to college. Right now I'm in a crappy major (communications/electronic media) that really doesn't pay well at all even if I were to graduate with a degree. I really don't know if this is what I want to be doing for the rest of my life. I want to get out on my own so bad and get a career going for myself but I feel so lost. I have some friends but, like you, don't really feel that comfortable talking to them about personal things. I also had a break up about a year ago from a 2 year relationship so lately I have really been feeling alone and lost. At least I have found poker as something to do to occupy my time and do pretty good at the lower limits I play. Sometimes all the frustration in career desicions makes you think about becoming a professional poker player ya know? [img]/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img]
Old 12-05-2005, 08:50 PM

check out the forums at quarterlifecrisis.com

interesting stuff