Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes Pot-, No-Limit Hold'em
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 11-28-2005, 07:11 PM

Default Party 25NL: disguising a flush draw

Im struggling to get the most value out of my flushes recently and i would really like some suggestions on how to play a flush draw in each of the following situations.

1. you limp with Ax suited in late position and flop the nut flush draw. 4-5 people see the flop. its min raised .25 from UTG with 2 callers, actions on you....?Rasie/call and how do you play the next 2 streets when you hit and when you miss?

2.you limp a SC in mid MP. 2 more limpers and a minraise a cold call from LP, you call the extra .25 and so do the other 2 original limpers. you flop a flush draw and its on you to act first? check/raise and what do you do on the next 2 streets when you hit and when you miss?

sorry I should add that on both flops the board is not paired, cant really try and get any more specific or it will get confusing.

My standard play is when the action is on me I bet 1/2 the pot or the pot and check the turn.
When im in LP and there is a decent bet infront of me ill call and if there are min bets ill raise to a pot size bet. if its checked round to me ill act the same as if I was first to act.

your suggestions would be well appreciated and remember Im mainly looking for different ways to play these hands that get people to pay me off with their TPTK or sneaky 2 pair etc....
Old 11-28-2005, 07:23 PM

Default Re: Party 25NL: disguising a flush draw

with my flushdraw's i'll throw down a 2/3 to pot sized bet or raise.. they really dont expect you to be drawing with such aggression.
Old 11-28-2005, 07:31 PM

Default Re: Party 25NL: disguising a flush draw

I'm usually pretty aggressive with my draws. I'll bet or raise the same amount that I would if I had TPTK myself (usually about 2/3 pot). However, if you are in LP and UTG bets and gets lots of callers, there is a case for just calling as well and seeing what the turn brings. I think you have much less folding equity in those cases.