Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Mid-, High-Stakes Pot- and No-Limit Hold'em
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 10-27-2005, 02:40 PM

Default Re: DPing is out of control on Party

I reported this once and got an email saying something to theffect of they investigated things, and that player showed some disconnects but no more than might be expected normally. A friend of mine who plays much higher than I do started having this happen to him, and when he complained Party sent him responses with exactly the same wording as I had gotten. It's just a gimmick they've been using to get away with doing nothing. Now it appears they're also claiming to take away DP and not actually doing it.

Enjoy!
Old 10-27-2005, 02:48 PM

FWIW...

I report DP abuse whenever i see it happen. Just yesterday I reported about 5 or 6 that I had been sitting on for the last week. When one of my responses came back letting me know the player x had his DP taken away blah blah blah, I responded back asking how long until he gets his DP back. About an hour later I got a phone call from someone from the "investigations team." We talked at length and he said the players' DP had been removed for 6 months which is standard. He said it depends but usually a person will be given a warning then if he/she abuses DP after the warning, it is usually removed for 6 months although at times it has been removed for only 3 months. I asked him what the next step was if they DP'd AGAIN once they got their DP back after the 6 months was over and he said it would be removed permenantly.
Old 10-27-2005, 06:35 PM

wow are you sure that was the party poker support?
Old 10-27-2005, 07:15 PM

I hear ya. When the voice on the phone said "This is Ahab (or whatever) from Party Poker Investigations Team" I immediately thought something was wrong with my account since I would NEVER expect them to call me over this issue. After all, my reply to the email was "How long until he gets his DP back." I didn't even sign it.

BTW, I just checked. I reported 5 DP abuses yesterday and they removed DP of 4 of those players. Not bad.