Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Internet Gambling > Internet Gambling

Old 10-11-2003, 06:25 PM

Default Re: 2 examples from this thread

[ QUOTE ]

Quote:
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

What about the WSOP promo . . .

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Several sites had WSOP promos.

[/ QUOTE ]

My point here was that they'd have other famous promos.

[ QUOTE ]

Quote:

If she wanted to "note of the change from the easiest bonus to clear to a more difficult bonus to clear" then she should just note it.

That's the way I read her post. I believe your inferences are affected by your opinion of her.

[/ QUOTE ]

It's reasons like this that she should just state what she means. These kooky questions with underlying implications are the original source of the issue.

[ QUOTE ]
I haven't known her to lie.

[/ QUOTE ]

And I have. Either believe me or not. Even I'm not going to air this dirty laundry.

[ QUOTE ]
??? Do you mean on her website? It is a commercial site, she can delete (censor) whatever she wants. Like 2 + 2, there is absolutely no obligation be concerned with "freedom of speech" issues.

[/ QUOTE ]

I'm not one to think that freedom of speech applies here. But when she deletes legit posts just because they don't reflect on her advertisers well, I don't think that's decent, regardless of whether she has the "right" to or not.

[ QUOTE ]
You are going on an image

[/ QUOTE ]

Yes, I'm going on an image of someone who lies, inappropriately censors, and spams. I wouldn't trust her w/20 FPPs much less "significant sums of money." But that's just me. To each his own.
Old 10-11-2003, 06:36 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I don't think it does

I think it does.

[/ QUOTE ]

An honest difference of opinion here, which is why I think it is unfair to slam her for what he thinks she might have meant.

[ QUOTE ]
I believe your inferences are affected by your opinion of her.

I admit I have the same opinion of her, but I see the post the same way as Jek.

[/ QUOTE ]

This supports my point.
Old 10-11-2003, 06:57 PM

[ QUOTE ]

Quote:

I believe your inferences are affected by your opinion of her.

I admit I have the same opinion of her, but I see the post the same way as Jek.

This supports my point.

[/ QUOTE ]

Jim, I'm willing to admit that I don't like Mary, and it *could* influence my judgement of her writings. I am trying to be objective, as I'm sure you are. However, I think that your like for Mary could be influencing your opinion the opposite direction.

So, I would like to hear a neutral poster's thoughts on the subject. And yes, I realize one poster is too small of a sample size, but maybe some truly unbiased opinion here would be nice.
Old 10-11-2003, 07:03 PM

[ QUOTE ]
My point here was that they'd have other famous promos.

[/ QUOTE ]

A "claim to fame" is something unique. Their "bonus clearing" was significantly faster than anyone else's.

[ QUOTE ]
It's reasons like this that she should just state what she means.

[/ QUOTE ]

In her way, she did. She just didn't do it the way you would have.

Old 10-11-2003, 07:16 PM

[ QUOTE ]
A "claim to fame" is something unique. Their "bonus clearing" was significantly faster than anyone else's.

[/ QUOTE ]

Both Para's WSOP promo and their Valentine's day promos were unique. In fact, moreso than the 100 hand depo bonus as that is matched by both Absolute Poker and Golden Riviera (a Prima skin.)

[ QUOTE ]

Quote:

It's reasons like this that she should just state what she means.

In her way, she did. She just didn't do it the way you would have.

[/ QUOTE ]

She didn't do it like me, or most of the other logical people around this place. Which brings me back to my original point. There are numerous reasons why she is disliked by many here. This happens to be one of those reasons.
Old 10-11-2003, 07:20 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Jim, I'm willing to admit that I don't like Mary, and it *could* influence my judgement of her writings. I am trying to be objective, as I'm sure you are. However, I think that your like for Mary could be influencing your opinion the opposite direction.

[/ QUOTE ]

Could? I'm certain our personal opinions of her influence how we see her posts. It is human nature.
Old 10-11-2003, 08:28 PM

[ QUOTE ]
So, I would like to hear a neutral poster's thoughts on the subject. And yes, I realize one poster is too small of a sample size, but maybe some truly unbiased opinion here would be nice.

[/ QUOTE ]

i have absolutely no idea what this is about so i guess i can be viewed upon as a neutral poster with an unbiased opinion.

my opinion is that you and others are acting like complete jeks (sic) towards cindy.

i donīt know who cindy is and i have no idea what she has done to you guys and girls at this forum - but based purely on her posts i canīt understand why you are giving her such a hard time.

one thread was started because someone just wanted to get of his chest how much he disliked this person and others are picking on her because they think that her posts somehow implies that the almighty paradise poker may not be the nuts when it comes to promotions.

if people came down this hard on me i would probably get a little upset and sad even though nobody actually knows who i am or what kind of person i am.

again, i donīt know the backgroud to this. i guess that it started in the long and tiresome spam/affiliates/promote your own site - debate that where dominating the forum a couple of weeks ago. i did not read those posts.

if it is true that cindy is a liar, a spammer and whatever, could someone then please openly say what she has done and how she has caused any harm to people, so that she could defend herself towards those accusations.
OR
settle this among yourselves. it is not cindyīs questions that are clogging up the forum, it is the people replying to her posts with nothing else on there mind but to tell her what an awful human being she is.

that is my opinion. i think you are all good posters that are contributing a lot to this forum. but until i am told otherwise i think you are out of line this time.

peace.