Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > 2+2 Communities > Other Other Topics
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 10-16-2005, 08:24 PM

Default buying media furniture online... help!

After an absolutely terrible experience (or two) trying to assemble best buy's low grade piece of [censored] cd/dvd racks, I need to look elsewhere. Has anybody had any success with online stores?
Old 10-16-2005, 08:34 PM

Location: it\'s like a puzzle with pans. if you think about it.
Default Re: buying media furniture online... help!

i ordered a cd shelf from racksandstands.com
first time it arrived with most pieces damaged, i emailed customer service, they sent out another.
second time they sent a completely different cd shelf. it's still in a box somewhere, they didnt' ask me to return it so i kept it (not sure if it is damaged).
i emailed customer service again, explaining their screw up and they sent another. it was damaged, again. the main boards needed to assmemble it were getting smashed in the box because they don't know how to package anything i guess.
i was pretty frustrated at this point, between the shipments i was able just give up and assemble it (different parts were broken in each shipment). all parts were still not in the best shape but i had enough 'good enough' ones to put the stupid thing together. it's pretty crappy but it's together.

at least their customer service was good. but just warning you it can be a pain in the butt.
Old 10-16-2005, 08:40 PM

Default Re: buying media furniture online... help!

i might have to just go to a legit furniture store and buy a legit piece of furniture (that doesnt come non-assembled).