Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Micro-Limits
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 10-08-2005, 11:05 PM

Default quick question

pre-flop UTG Raises 2 callers then me in cutoff with A6 suited can i make that call

this is .50/1 limit full table
Old 10-08-2005, 11:08 PM

Default Re: quick question

What kind of reads do you have on the raiser? What about the other players at the table? How likely are we to get paid off if we do hit our monster?

EDIT:

In the absence of reads I probably fold this hand. But I have moved out of my hyper-aggressive phase to weak-tight (again).
Old 10-08-2005, 11:35 PM

[ QUOTE ]
pre-flop UTG Raises 2 callers then me in cutoff with A6 suited can i make that call

this is .50/1 limit full table

[/ QUOTE ]

I'd say it depends on your read of UTG and your reads of the blinds. If UTG is pretty LAGgy (I had a guy today that thought he was being tricky...every time he was UTG he raised! It was kind of funny. By the fifth orbit a couple of others and I had caught on, and we were fighting to see who'd get to take this guy on. He left after about 70 hands [img]/images/graemlins/frown.gif[/img]) and the blinds are likely to stay in for 2, then I probably make that call. If UTG is even decent and the blinds are tight enough to fold, then I dump it. I don't really care about the two cold-callers, as they are likely to be pretty donktastic regardless.

You're around 15:1 to make your flush by the river, and I think you're unlikely to win without a flush. Therefore, if both blinds stay in and the pot isn't re-raised, you're going to have to make up 9BB by the river...not impossible with 5 opponents seeing a high-card flop, but kind of a longshot. If the blinds fold, you're going to have to make up 10.75-ishBB. I think your best bet is to dump it.

(I started out with a much meaner version of this, but somebody said I was being too harsh tonight, so now I'm trying to be helpful.)
Old 10-09-2005, 12:10 AM

hey thx very much for the in depth response. was very helpfull. btw is there a link you have where i could see other interesting statistics such as hitting a flush by the river 15-1.
Old 10-09-2005, 01:30 AM

linky
Old 10-09-2005, 02:08 AM

i wouldnt do this if they wasnt terrible postflop