Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Two Plus Two > MOD DISCUSSION

Old 10-08-2005, 02:51 PM

Default Requests for 2nd chances

Hi,

Respectfully request the unlocking of my 2+2 account-Bigdaddydvo. I've been posting since AUG 04. I was locked for making a thread with no content to get me to 1300 posts. I apologize as I didn't realize it was a lockable offense. I will refrain from such threads in the future, and would appreciate the opportunity to rejoin the forums. Thanks,

John

Opinions?
Old 10-08-2005, 05:11 PM

Default Re: Requests for 2nd chances

Lesson learned.

Edit: Yikes. It wasn't just one post but like 10 of them. But, it was in OOT and it doesn't look like he violated any of the rules in the sticky. So I'd still unban him but maybe as a little (funny) penalty deny him his title since it's apparently so important to him.
Old 10-08-2005, 07:02 PM

Isn't creating a new account a 2nd chance?

He not only made a thread stritcly for increasing his post count but then made one post and quoted it many times. He seemed to place getting to 1300 posts above everyone else in the forum. I would think having to start again from 0 is a good lesson.

I know some people look at OOT differently from the poker forums, which it is, but I don't think that requiring a little bit of thought is asking too much. Clearly this if happened in any other forum there would be no doubt. The question becomes how much differently does OOT get treated? I think there are many fine posters who enjoy it as much as any poker forum but this is only so when there is some minimal attempt at quality from everyone.

As it is, he has only been banned for a few hours, so I don't think there is any reason to rush.

thoughts?
Old 10-08-2005, 07:06 PM

I think the oot mods are way too uptight. A worthless post to get to 1300? who [censored] cares, i think i did this [censored] for my 1000th post i'm sure.

Now, if he really did make 10 posts and quote himself and clutter the forum, ok that's bad, in which case I'd pm him and tel him not to do it again or risk being banned.
Old 10-08-2005, 07:08 PM

[ QUOTE ]
thoughts?

[/ QUOTE ]

:bites tongue:
Old 10-08-2005, 07:22 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I think the oot mods are way too uptight. A worthless post to get to 1300? who [censored] cares, i think i did this [censored] for my 1000th post i'm sure.

[/ QUOTE ]

I am almost certain had that been allowed to stand we would have seen countless other similar posts of I want to get to 10k post or whatever. I really see this as a black and white issue. Like I said some of you do not respect other other topics as much as the other forums, thats fine but many do not share that view. It doesn't take a non retard to guess that sitting there quoting your own post isn't going to be acceptable. I don't think requiring the same level of common sense that many of you have in your own forums is too much to ask.

If this part of the discussion needs to go much further I can take the issue to the forum itself. I don't think when it comes to discussing general policy rather than specific cases there is any reason to do it in the private forum.