Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Mid-, High-Stakes Pot- and No-Limit Hold'em
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 09-18-2005, 01:11 PM

Default Re: a big river fold

The only hands in my opinion that realistically beat you are TT or 99. Other hands that beat you would either not have raised you preflop from the SB or not check raise you on the turn.

So I think if you thought he had one of those hands, you should have folded to the turn check raise. Once he check raises you on the turn, it is very likely he will move in on the river. I don't think the K affected anything.

I do not like the fold given the turn call.
Old 09-18-2005, 04:46 PM

Default Re: a big river fold

What did you put him on FSU? I can't really see QJ. That would be a pretty ballsy semibluff on the turn if he did have it. KK seems unlikely because he would have probably reraised on the flop (especially because you had been pushing him around earlier).

To me, the most likely holdings are 9 9 and 10 10. A slowplayed boat with 9 9 could be played like this, as could a boat made on the turn (10 10). I really don't think that his hand was helped by the river. The turn mini-raise pretty much defines his hand and tells you that the rest is going in on the river, regardless of the card.

Your best hope would be if he overplayed AA (or less likely QQ or JJ) or raised pf with 65s or something similar(unlikely).
Old 09-18-2005, 04:54 PM

Default *RESULTS*

well, im glad i got flamed for the fold, bc I actually called in the hand.

i have been paying off alot of rivers lately, and wanted to make sure i wasnt getting into any bad habits.

i figured if posted this saying that I called, it would be obvious that i lost the hand and everyone would say, fold the turn, blah blah.

so, thanks for all the responses.

given my image at the time, he could play back at me here with quite a few hands, so folding it didnt seem like a good idea at the time, nor does it now.

yeah, and he had 1010 for the turned house. yuck.
Old 09-18-2005, 09:51 PM

Default Re: *RESULTS*

[ QUOTE ]
well, im glad i got flamed for the fold, bc I actually called in the hand.

i have been paying off alot of rivers lately, and wanted to make sure i wasnt getting into any bad habits.

i figured if posted this saying that I called, it would be obvious that i lost the hand and everyone would say, fold the turn, blah blah.

so, thanks for all the responses.

given my image at the time, he could play back at me here with quite a few hands, so folding it didnt seem like a good idea at the time, nor does it now.

yeah, and he had 1010 for the turned house. yuck.

[/ QUOTE ]

You tricky!